“Lovely weekend”
Review of Loughshore Hotel

Loughshore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Reviewed October 31, 2012

A big thanks for the staff in Clarion Hotel from me and my family. They were curteous and helpful, and they immediately answer to our request on having a takeaway breakfast on Sunday morning.
I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, General Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Calinflorea F,

Thank you for your kind reccommendation and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have passed your comments onto the management and staff.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

saturday afternoon family lunch......quiet, service good, food as ordered and reasonably priced. breaded haddock and garlic chips good, spinach and ricotta raviolli with pesto sauce......yum, and the rack of lamb and rosemary mash......much enjoyed by all.....would return....good for get togethers and business lunches etc

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, General Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Christine H,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your family lunch and I have passed your kind words to the Management & Staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Myself and my husband held our wedding here on the 10th of October and have to say we couldn't have asked for more! The wedding team were fantastic and everything was done the way we asked. Lily worked with us to make sure everything was arranged. On the wedding day Dave (master of ceremonies) did everything for us and made the day so relaxed. I didn't have to worry about anything except making my vows! Dave goes over and above the call of duty and is an asset to the hotel!
We took an inclusive package for our wedding which got us our room decor and disco. The ladies from Over The Moon were fab and worked with me even when I changed my colour scheme. They were always happy to meet with us and discuss things. They made the room look beautiful. Our Dj was called Allan and he was amazing. Played every song we asked for and kept the dancefloor full all night. All our guests commented on how great the music was.

All in all we had a stress free experience which meant we enjoyed our day to the maximum. It was a day to remember!

To all the staff, keep doing what you are doing! It was perfect!

Mr and Mrs James

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MrsAJames

Dear MrsAJames,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Wedding Day experience with us at The Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus. I have passed your kind words to Lily & David and indeed all the staff at the hotel. I am delighted that we were able to play a part in your special day.

Warmest Regards and Best Wishes for the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

we owe lots of thanks to the clarion for providing us with a spectacular wedding day. nothing was too much trouble and they catered for our every need. we cannot thank them enough. the staff were unbelievably helpful and courteous and the food was faultless. thank you to all for the amazing service and i would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. thank you to all. julie and scott nobes.

Room Tip: no complaints just praise for all concerned!
1  Thank julienobes

Dear Julienobes,

I am very pleased that you and Scott had such a great experience with us at The Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus on your wedding day. All the team are delighted to have been able to play a part in your special day. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Warmest Regards and best wishes for the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here with a colleague whilst on business, as he stays here on a regular basis he made me aware of the vast amount of weddings the Clarion does however we were upgraded to the executive rooms on the 4th floor to avoid the noise. 1st night no wedding so fairly quiet. Ample onsite parking, welcoming reception with friendly staff, good sized (executive) room with all the frills, large flat screen tv, comfortable bed etc. Food was a good choice of menu and good, quality meals. 2nd night we returned and there was a wedding on however it did not affect us as we ate out with clients and heard little to no noise (apart from outside the hotel where visitors were smoking). All in all a very nice, modern hotel with good food and pleasant rooms. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kromeandtime

Dear silver_bluemotion,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus. It is always pleasing to get such a positive well rounded review of all the facilities that we offer. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion in the very near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were attending a family wedding. On first appearance we thought that the hotel looked good, inside, reception and bar area are well presented, the staff attentive. After check in, went to the room and was quite disappointed initially with the general date look of the room and there was an awful fusty smell, and also 2 gaping fist size holes in the walls, we reported this to reception via the phone and were told that she would take note thast we were not to blame. Went down to reception and complained again because I found the initial response as poor to say the least, we were told that housekeeping would be sent to sort the smell out. On returning to the room later that evening, the smell was still present but I thought it too late to complain for a 3rd time so left it until the morning, when a different receptionist informed us that we should have at least been offered an alternative room, and she was sorry this never happened and if we should return again that we were to inform reception of our experience and we would be upgraded, but the damage is done and shall not be back.
On the food side the meal we had at the wedding reception was outstanding, service good and overall very happy. Breakfast is a different matter; starting at 0730 and running until 1030, we as a family went to have breakfast together at 0900, after being seated and told it was self service from the hotplate I was unhappy that the food under the lights seamed to have been there from 0730 and had started to dry up. Why can't it be cooked to order and add to the customer experience. I never asked if the chef would cook a fresh breakfast for us, so that is in defence of the hotel but it would have been nice to not have to do that.

Room Tip: ask for a rear facing room to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear AMark4534,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at The Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus. As with any hotel we are constantly updating and refurbishing all areas of the hotel. Over the last 18 months we have invested £500k in the Car Park, Restaurant and Kitchen whilst also refurbishing 47 of our 68 bedrooms so far. With the final floor due for completion in early 2013.

I am delighted that you had an overall good experience at your family wedding and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clarion in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in September for my friends wedding. found staff to be friendly and helpful. rooms were basic but clean. breakfast was good with the usual fry and cereal on offer. location is good if you are looking to stay in Carrick but it is out of the way for Belfast. All in all I would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear jmk79,

Thank you for your kind words of recommendation and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to The Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus in the very near future.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel
7 mi away
Chimney Corner Hotel
Chimney Corner Hotel
#2 of 3 in Newtownabbey

Been to Loughshore Hotel? Share your experiences!