This is really a pub with rooms, but with the welcome and manner of owners and staff alike, this is a lovely place to stay. This inn has a mixture of renovated, beautiful rooms, and rather shabby rooms in need of an update. But I gather they are redoing them all on a rolling programme. We were first offered a room with a view of a brick wall, but in all fairness to the owners we were moved immediately to a different room on request. Breakfast is good here, with the waitress entertaining everyone interested with tales of the history of the hotel, and she had us all gripped to our seats with some of her stories of ghostly goings on!! The dining room for dinner is so cosy and beautifully furnished, and the food is absolutely superb. I lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Inn dating back to 13th Century, with many a ghostly tale, located in the heart of Carrickfergus.15 well appointed bedrooms, ensuite & with complimentary WIFI. Popular bar lounge & restaurant serving traditional food throughout the day.Small meeting room for personal dining or team conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dobbins Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dobbins Hotel Carrickfergus
- Dobbins Inn Hotel Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland