“spot on”

$39.57*
and up
Game of Thrones Filming Locations Tour from Belfast including Giants Causeway
More attraction details
Owner description: Due to the military impenetrability of this castle the town of Carrickfergus long thrived even when surrounding villages suffered defeats.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“spot on”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

the castle is very interesting if you have children especially if their getting taught History etc in school , if you have a day free check it out its worth a visit

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newtownards, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An old fashioned 'day-out'”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Carrickfergus castle was a proper little gem when we visited back on 13th july 2012. There was a re-enactment of a centuries old 'taking of the castle' and a 'Euro market' was also on right beside the castle. Although left to explore without a guide, this did not in any way deter us from having a good look around noseying into every corner imaginations running wild. My 10 and 8 year olds loved it. From the dungeons to the impressive cannons we got some great photos. Please note.....If your a pram pusher you'll need to either lift the little one out or have a second pair of hands on tap. Theres a large public car park close by with toilets and a relatively flat walk to the castle.
Altogether a superb day out....

Visited July 2012
Epsom, England, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Watch the movies in the Keep first!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a lovely day out last Friday at the Castle. Despite growing up 5 miles away I had never been inside!

We were happy to pay the £5 fee if it helps to continue preserving such a wonderful monument.

I do tend to agree with some of the other reviewers about how you need to make more of the place.

Personally, I love audio guides when I go to places like this.

Costumed guided tours are also fun. Yes I know the price would increase but hey.. it would be worth it.

Despite the paper guide telling us to go into the keep first... we went in last.

We were really impressed with the two films in the audovisual room.

Adults, don't be put off when you see the cartoon choice. We learned more from this film (historically) than the other film :). Seriously, this is very well done and explains the other highlighted exhibits very well.

So yes... audioguides please and future visitors... watch the films first :)

Oh yes.. the snack area was really awful!

Get some volunteers in selling homemade cakes or something!

Visited December 2012
Northern Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Normans Keep Surprising”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great place for the kids to learn about the history of this great castle and of it's importance to the local history and the National History of Northern Ireland

Visited July 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Local free and beautiful to see”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My sister lives in the local area and being down to visit we would be in and around Carrick often just this Tuesday we had a lovely family day out my sister my mum and my 3 year old niece, we had lunch my the harbour where my niece played in the indoor play area (just like a mini funky monkeys) then afterwards we went to the new pirate play park which is amazing full of kids doing just what they should be doing and joining in on the fun in the great out doors a fun time was had by all :)