“Fabulous Hotel - I urge you to visit”
Review of The Fir Trees

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Strabane
The Fir Trees
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Strabane
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Myself and my husband stayed at The Fir Trees Hotel for three nights at the beginning of May. We had a fantastic stay and have already booked to return for my 40th birthday (was planning a weekend in London!).
This hotel has clearly undergone a major refurbishment and I would now describe it as ultra-modern, having some very glamorous features, in fact any earlier reviews written prior to this refurb are clearly now totally irrelevant! Our rooms was ultra modern and extremely clean with all the extras you would expect in a top hotel - tea/coffee facilities, LCD TV on wall, toiletries etc.
From the minute we checked in all staff were extremely helpful at all times and could not do enough for us, even taking time to chat about our stay despite being busy. The food was superb and presented beautifully and I would highly recommend that you sample the cuisine, you will not be disappointed. The dining room where we were served a freshly cooked full breakfast each morning was beautifully decorated. The waitress was very welcoming and extremely helpful. Breakfast was delicious, plentiful and certainly set us up nicely for the day.
We especially loved one bar in the hotel, in fact it reminded us of a New York bar and the evening entertainment was excellent. During the day it was a lovely place to relax with a pot of coffee and read - generally recharge our batteries!
Overall we had a superb stay and cannot recommend this hotel enough. I would implore you to ignore the poor reviews on this site, I am just glad they had not put us off booking; it certainly would have been our loss!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2009

A superb hotel. Located very near to golf course,greyhound races,fishing,great walks and great pubs. The food at the hotel is of the highest order with prices that will pleasantly surprise you. I travelled with 7 friends who also agreed that theyhave not met such friendly staff. Always helpful and always with a smile. The locals? well what can you say. I think we all have an extra 200 friends. Recommend it? Definetly!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My wife and I and two friends stayed at the Firtrees Hotel in April 2009. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who took our details and told us where our rooms were. The rooms were warm clean and comfortable and we liked the wooden floors instead of carpets. As arranged we met our friends in the bar, the staff were very friendly and enjoyed a bit of slagging and craic. We were undecided about eating in the hotel but after looking at the menu and prices we placed our order and we were not disappointed. It was Saturday night so the bar filled up very quickly and the atmosphere was brillant, we had a great night. The breakfast on Sunday was every bit as good with a good choice and was cooked fresh when ordered. We would definitely stay in the Firtrees Hotel again and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2009

On visiting Trip Advisor to write my review I was shocked and suprised to read the comment posted as of March 18th, I can say that my visit to the hotel was just the opposite of the comments posted on your site, I found the staff to be courteous and helpful at all times, my room was warm and comfortable and I enjoyed my stay.
I would not hesitate in booking the hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I spent one night at this hotel as I was traveling through Co TyroneIt has recently been refurbished, to a fairly high standard although some of the finer details let the rooms down ie paint on the plug sockets, poorly maintained floor boards.I did feel the walls were very thin, I could clearly hear my neighbor talk, walk around the room.  In all the rooms were spacious and comfortableI would recommend this hotel, I did not have a bad experiance, but it did have some negative points

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
mosscheeper, Manager at The Fir Trees, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2009

Thank you for your comments which I will discuss with staff at our weekly management meeting.

The hotel has recently been totally refurbished and there are still some small ''snagging issues'' to resolve.

I am pleased that your overall experience was good and that you would be happy to recommend the Fir Trees to your friends

Reviewed January 20, 2009

After reading some of the reviews on this website, my business trip to Strabane was something I wasn't looking foward to as the Fir Trees is the only hotel in Strabane. However I was more than pleasently surprised by the standard in the hotel, the friendly and helpful staff and the super food on offer. Obviously the hotel has undergone a major renovation and I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I stayed here in october 2008. It has just finished major refurbishments. It has great food, Greatservice, and great cleanliness. lovely hotel

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Bobby-tar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strabane
The Mellon Country Inn
0 mi away
No photo provided
Fir Trees Hotel
#3 of 4 in Strabane

Been to The Fir Trees? Share your experiences!