“A must for all lovers of fine dining!”
Review of Oysters

Oysters
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Strabane
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

What can we say about oysters...
We were greeted with a lovely welcome by the waiting staff. After being seated we were offered a taster of fresh bread, two different varieties and both were
lovely. Our starters of curried parsnip soup and caesar salad were both delights to the palate. Main course of medallions of beef was succulent and cooked to perfection and the chef was more than accommodating with my dietary requirements and I enjoyed the most delicious chicken curry I've ever tasted. Dessert was a mouth watering combination of meringue, ice cream,
crushed maltesers & warm toffee sauce. We can't wait for a chance to return!

oystersstrabane, Owner at Oysters, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for such a kind review. We are really pleased that your visit to Oysters really hit the mark and we look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future. Thanks also for taking the time to review us. Much appreciated.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant to enjoy a dinner from the a la carte menu. There is a good choice for starters, mains and desserts. The pan-fried scallops are a very special starter and we recommend anyone to try this one. As a main course we chose duck two ways for my wife and pheasant breast for myself. Excellent cooking here! Also the side-orders (chips and market vegetables) were really as it should be. The desserts are sumptuous, great for the sweet-lovers!
We can really recommend this place for having a dinner!!

oystersstrabane, Owner at Oysters, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to expand so comprehensively on your experience at Oysters and for complimenting us so generaously. Much appreciated.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I missed breakfast on a working day and was passing through Strabane on way to Coleraine at late-lunchtime. Ordered fish and chips as a quick filler. Service was excellent and the food outstanding. Fresh haddock and plenty of it, light crisp batter, proper chips, all on a mushy pea base. At £7.95 one could not ask for more. It really was very good indeed. A good place to linger over excellent cuisine in the future!

oystersstrabane, Owner at Oysters, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for such a complimentarty review. Much appreciated and we hope that we will see you soon again in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Myself and my daughter called in for the hightea menu, on arrival we wre greeted by Lisa, so helpful and professinal, i had a venison burger which was delicious followed by the poached pear for dessert, top marks on that, lovely. Great atmosphere and lovely meal, my daughter wants to visit again very soon

oystersstrabane, Manager at Oysters, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Many thanks reviewer. We look forward to seeing your daughter and yourself soon again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Myself and my partner dined in Oysters resturant whilst visiting family Ireland last week. We decided to there after all the good reviews we read on trip advisor... we were not disapointed! I would actually go as far as saying it was one of the best meal out I have ever had.

I had the scallops with black pudding and pea puree for starters...LUSH! My partner had the stuffed mushrooms which he said were delicious also. For main I had the surf and turf..highly recommended, large fillet steak (cooked perfectly) with king prawns and a crab claw, sauce was yum too. The service was first class, very welcoming and friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our food. On the way out the manager gave us a jar of their home made jam to take home free of charge, you don't often get service like that these days :)

Highly recommended! Can't wait to go back on our return visit to Ireland at christmas :)

oystersstrabane, Owner at Oysters, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Customers.
We indeed remember you and thankyou so much for such a kind review. It would certainly be lovely to see you again at Christmas.
Regards,