“Saturday evening blues”

Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Dungannon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Freshly made pizza/pasta with delicious sides, fabulous sines ,local craft berrs peroni on tap,delicious home made desserts . Take away service also available . Reservations desirable , family friendly(reserve your child seats) NEW COCKTAIL bar just opened serving fresh exciting drinks in a trendy luxurious environment! THEE place for excellent food and drink in Dungannon. Established member of The Tyrone Good Food Circle (local produce ,local suppliers, fresh ingredients.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Saturday evening blues”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had eaten here once before and even though the service was poor we enjoyed the pizzas we both got.
When we arrived no-one was in the restaurant and yet we were seated in a tight corner but both of us couldnt be bothered arguing as we were both hungry.
I went for the carbonara and my girlfriend went for the spag bol as she had been told it was excellent, we also ordered a side of house salad to share. The dishes then duely arrived and I started to eat my dish i noticed how watery the sauce was, no seasoning at all and in fact totally flavourless - my girlfriends dish was the same and as for the salad Ive never seen worse. Leaves, some withered, thrown into a bowl, 3 quarters of a flavourless tomato (cut the way your granny would have years ago) and some bought salad dressing on top, a child in primary scholl could have done much better.

To say it was a disappointment is an understatement - i did tell the girl who took our bill that it was poor fare but she said "sorry about that but Ive just started working here"

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank Fionn D
arranmore, Owner at Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Im so sorry to learn of your poor dining experience, it s such a pity you werent invited to speak to either of the owners , one of whom are always working. Not knowing the full story all i can do is apologise and assure all our customers that all our pizzas and pastas are made fresh daily using the best quality ingredients (local if possible) .our salads are washed and prepared by hand so i am a a loss to hear of your experience, i will be more than happy to serve you myself and explain the make up of any food you may order. Cathal

“Possibility the cheapest place to eat out in Dungannon, nice place but nothing special!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Canos is a popular restaurant in dungannon I feel in part because it is cheap and cheerful. The menu is quite small and could do with a little change and the tables for two are ridiculously small! From my experience staff are nice and cover the basics but no more. No matter what I order In here I feel I'm always left with a taste of garlic which isnt always pleasant. All in all I think canos is a nice restaurant if you want to catch a quick bite, however I wouldnt go here for a special occasion as I feel it is lacking . A revamped menu could change this perhaps!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank donne9
Thank you for your thoughts, we do not see ourselves as a cheap restaurant but we do try to cater for all our customers offering great value for money, yes , we use garlic,and our chilli bread with garlic butter is one of our best sellers!! We continually try to keep our interior updated and are presently working on further improvements .
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Tasty food with good menu and prices”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last month and had small starters and a pizza. Starters were freshly made and tasty, not too filling which was nice.
Server was happy to allow us to have a half and half pizza, both halves were tasty and pizza base was thin and crispy which was great.

Thank you so much, We value comments about our service and the staff are the first point of contact , we try to ensure all staff are expertly trained and supported , we expect our staff to give you the most professional service to enhance and compliment your CANOS experience. Cathal
Donegal,Ireland
“Depends of the chef!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have eaten here with my mum 3 times in the last three months. The first time we both thought the food was very bland, I had the Arrabbiata and mum had the Bolognese. We decided to give it another shot as my nieces fancied pizza. The food that night was amazing, we both had the Arrabbiata but added meat to the dish, it was full of flavour and good portion sizes. I had asked who was cooking so as we could ask the next time we wanted to go and the chef was Cathal. We booked a table for last night forgetting to ask who was cooking and as soon as the food was brought out (we are creatures of habit - ordered the same thing) we knew it had to be Cathal as the dish looked the same as the last time,the food was simple delicious, we didn't leave a crumb!! The table next to us we could overhear them saying great thing too. I am not sure who was cooking that first time around but hope the next time we go its Cathal. The service was always great, polite and friendly staff.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank CAG1980
arranmore, Owner at Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the comments. We try to ensure ALL our customers have an excellent dining experience at CANOS. We look forward to serving you many more times.
Dungannon
“Family Ocassion”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Sunday 2nd March Fourteen of us visited this restaurant and it was not a disappointment.it was my first visit . From the minute we entered we were made so welcome by the friendliest waitress I have ever met the others all had pizza while I had carbaonara the portion was enormous.The attention given by the waitress was fantastic ensuring our drinks were topped up. The others had desserts unfortunately I had no room for any but they looked delicious. I highly recommend a visit food delicious, friendly staff and well priced.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you. We appreciate you taking time to review our restaurant. , we look forward to seeingfyou and your family again.