“Excellent customer service and fresh food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brewer's House

The Brewer's House
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Dungannon
Cuisines: British, Irish, International, European, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Brewer's House is a gastropub in the village of Donaghmore, Co Tyrone which aims to serve excellent food and drink with quality ingredients sourced from the best local suppliers where possible. The objective of everyone at The Brewer's House is to make all our guests feel very welcome and comfortable and to leave our venue having had a memorable experience every time.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service and fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is so far the best ever restaurant I've ever been in Mid-Ulster region. There are few negatives but of course they are not major issues.

On arrival, the parking space behind the restaurant has a very narrow entrance. However we managed to park the car on the main street - ample parking spaces as it's a small village. Nice, cottagey feel of the pub restaurant ; good lay-out ; welcoming atmosphere ; all staff with smiley faces - which is the best part of the restaurant.

We were given a table upstairs. Order taken by a guy (possibly a senior managerial staff, did not get his name) - friendly, courteous. The menu had too much description and could be a bit confusing at times especially when I had to translate it to my parents - may be I was tired and hungry! I would suggest them to give a short heading or name for each dish with small prints below each heading as descriptions.

Being in business myself, I dont believe in all the health and safety non-sense. But on this occasion, the candles were put at the wrong place and my niece accidentally got minor burnt by the wax! But hey accident do happen and the staff were caring - kept asking her if she's ok and got her ice for the minor burn.

The major part - Food. I have to mention this - my niece was asking for soup of the day, and she frowned. Then the guy who took our order suggested that she tried it first - away he went to get a sample of the soup - and guess what - she finished the soup when the starter arrived! Had risotto - balance taste, love the smoked fish in it. Mom had trio of potted fish - tasty, fresh fish and just right for her - mind you she can be a bit fussy when it comes to saltiness of the dish. My dad is a man of few words but whenever he said it's tasty, it surely is! He had the mussels, I could see him enjoying it and the word he said was 'VERY FRESH'. Caesar salad - fresh and yummy. Seafood chowder a bit too creamy for taste.

The main - mine is pork - tender, taste good, not dry, right portion, the sultana is a wee bit too sweet - I enjoyed it. Two guys ordered fillet steak - cooked right to their requested order, a bit too much fat for fillet steak, fresh. My mom had pan fried hake, when the dish arrived, the first comment before she even tasted it - 'exactly the way I like it!' Dad had roast surpreme chicken, well-seasoned but just a wee tad too dry. The chunky monkfish looked good, tasted good but my sis saw 'spaghetti of......' - she thought it came with spaghetti which it wasn't supposed to be (again the menu being a bit confusing)

Dessert - not bad, only three of us had desserts. Had mille-feuille (special of the day) - well-balanced sweetness but the puff pastry could have been better.

Overall - excellent first impression, unforgettable experience, will recommend to all friends or tourists. This is also my first 5 star award to a restaurant I reviewed.

• Visited July 2013

“Amazing hidden gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé took me here for a little surprise birthday dinner and it did not disappoint. We had beautiful tempura prawns for starters, fillet steak for mains with onion rings, garlic potatoes and mushrooms and shared a white chocolate and raspberry terrine for desert. All of it was superb and the portions were amazing- really matched the price well, (our fillet was in the 20 pounds mark but was a massive slab and tasted out of this world) The staff were really friendly and attentive. The wait time was nothing at all between courses and we both loved the fact they have an extensive beer list meaning we could have (rarely found in most bars) Sam Adams on tap and Brooklyn lager with our meal. We even bought an in house baked wheaten loaf to take with us! We will definitely become regular customers to The Brewer's House. Loved every minute of it!! :-)

• Visited June 2013
Northern Ireland
“Superb superb superb!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in last minute Sunday evening- very lucky to get a table for 2 as it was was very busy. It seems everyone is in the know! We were certainly not disappointed- the Thai prawn broth is absolutely amazing for starter and definitely worth a special mention. I had the vegetarian orzo pasta which was delicious and my husband has the saddle of monkfish with chorizo cream which was sensational. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. Try the cocktails which are to die for!! All in all, a terrific find and we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I was here twice in the last month, now my fav restaurant!! On my last visit I had the rump of lamb, which like butter!! Would highly recommend the tastes of carrot dessert- amazing!! There are daily specials which each come with a suggestion for an accompanying wine. Would really recommend this place!!

• Visited May 2013
Ireland
“good menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went there on a saturday night and requested to eat downstairs as one of our party is unable to go walk up stairs the staff were pleasant and answered any queries we made on the dishes we had great starters and main and the desserts were unusal flavours but seemed to work my only quibble is can they have better lighting at the tables as the menus which had small print were a little hard to read or at least put on white tablecloths to reflect some light The elder two in my party still enjoy eating out and we like to try different places but we will go back again

• Visited May 2013