“The Loft”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went for lunch at the end of the 2nd Easter week 2014. When we arrived (1.30pm) the place was hiving and there was a long queue. We noticed that there were lots of staff and the queue moved quickly so we waited. The place is very nice and well laid out and bright and airy. We noticed a Special toastie for around £4.95 which included wedges and a dip. so we ordered 2 of those and a pot of tea. The food was really nice and loads of it ...great value for the money! Food service was a little slow but perfectly understandable with the volume of people. Look forward to my next visit

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I used to love the Loft but as it's popularity continues to grow so too does the queue for food. The restaurant does not allow you to reserve a table while you queue up. So, on several occasions I've queued, I've got my food and then spent 5 minutes uncomfortably hovering around with a tray waiting for someone to leave. But often is the case too that by the time you get to the till, pay for your food and sit down, your food is cold. I don't go to the Loft any longer. Deli on the Green is fantastic however! I think a better system needs to be put in place at The Loft before we return!

4  Thank Eleanor M
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Often meet friends here Good choice of food but queues can be irritating There must be a better system Still all seem to enjoy and we keep going back Then can shop for handbags

1  Thank AleenJ
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had lunch here recently. Food was good, if not overpriced. I had quiche and salad at £7.95, with a drink this brought my lunch cost to £10. Okay for a treat.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Have eaten here lots of times, the food is always amazing. Its always busy at lunch times, so you are standing in the queue for a little while, but guess its worth it for yummy food.