“Unsatisfactory”

Add it.
Deli On The Green
Ranked #28 of 41 Restaurants in Dungannon
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bistro style dining
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Unsatisfactory”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had a bad experience in this restaurant. My friend and I ate from the lunch menu. I ordered the Classic BLT and never could have imagined that I could go wrong with this. However, on first bite I could taste that the meat was off. In fact I could smell that it was off. Needless to say I did not take another bite. My friend enjoyed his meal, however, the waitress noticed that I had barely touched mine and asked if there was something wrong. I told her that the meat was off and she said ‘I will go and ask the chef what we can do for you’ – which I thought was very decent of her. However, she came back and told me that the chef had said that he had sold lots of them that day and no one else complained, therefore, there was nothing they could do for me. I was so shocked and annoyed, so much so that I have not been back since and have told friends and family about my bad experience. If I had been offered an alternative meal or not been charged for the meal I hadn’t eaten, all would have been forgiven. However, this appalling attitude towards their customers is simply inappropriate. I will not be back.

• Visited September 2011
5 Thank F2005

Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner - Perfect”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

A unique "New Yorky" kind of place, reminds me of a deli/ restaurant you would find in Downtown Manhatten. A very informal, relaxed layout but the food is 100% first class - always, not just good food, cooked and served well but very unique ways at adding a special touch to all dishes.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank coopdawg99
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A 'deli' nice experience!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Today was the second time in a couple of months that I've visited the Deli On The Green at Moygashel.

On the first occasion I visited I had a couple of hours to kill, so I opted for a 'nibbles' lunch of artisan breads, oils, tapenade and a portion of chunk chips. By and large I enjoyed my 'nibbles' lunch, apart from the fact that the ciabatta was toasted!

Today's lunch experience was much more satisfying overall, and I had the beer battered coley, salad, tartar sauce, coleslaw and chunky chips. My Father also had this dish and we had a couple of soft drinks. The bill came to just under £21.

I like the unassuming décor, the relaxed ambience and friendly staff. Overall, it was a'deli' nice experience, and I think I'll give it another try again soon.

Visited May 2012
ireland
“Delusions of grandeur...............”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This place needs a wake up call, on my last visit I ordered foccacia bread sandwich, what I got was a floury white sub roll which was doughy not the airated bread I expected and the waitress when I asked why it wasn't what I ordered, told me in no uncertain terms that it was when I explained I came from a restaurant background and could tell the difference was told the chef said it was" there version of foccacia " after that it was all down hill. Menu descriptions do not resemble what appears on your plate and expensive with very cramped positions, we were put at a table for two despite it being three of us eating, won't be visiting again if the standard does not improve..........

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank blacktumtum
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Expensive!!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice resturant decor wise, and service is more than adequate...but prices are unrealistic in todays economic climate...that said on the 2 or 3 occasions i have eaten here, the resturant has been busy. Yes the food is good- - not as good as Viscounts certainly, but tasty and well presented

Visited March 2012