“A great welcome in the hillside!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cookstown
Avondale Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Cookstown B&B and Inns
London
“A great welcome in the hillside!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

A last minute booking on a rainy weekend, sadly for a funeral, but we were at once feeling at home in this special place. Tom and Ailsa look after you like family and the rooms and catering are great. We will be back in happier and sunnier times, to take better advantage of their great welcome. A comfortable improvement on the larger and more corporate local venues and close enough to the town to suit most requirements.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Crumpi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I spent 3 nights staying with Tom and Ailsa at the Avondale B&B, having booked for the location plus the strength of the reviews on Trip Advisor, and I wasn't disappointed. Talk about hospitality - what warm and lovely people they were. I went to Northern Ireland to seek out the townland my Irish ancestors came from, and Tom's knowledge of the local area was a great asset. I didn't have a car so he chauffered me around the spots I wanted to visit, and knew exactly where the townland was. B&B's can be cramped and poky but not this one - plenty of space to spread out your belongings and move around. It is set in the heart of beautiful peaceful countryside - I took a photograph of a rabbit from my bedroom window. The breakfasts were wonderful and both Tom and Ailsa were hospitable and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra M
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My family recently stayed here for 2 nights on our recent trip to Ireland. The B&B is clean, charming, and situated in the midst of some truly beautiful countryside scenery. Tom and Ailsa, the proprietors, could not have been friendlier. They were lovely people and very graciously helped my mother-in-law in her quest to find her family's history in Cookstown. They even gave us rides into town because we were without a car. And it was such a great deal! I would recommend staying here to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank anana216
florida
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent a very pleasant, enjoyable night at the Avondale B&B in Sept. during our trip to Ireland. Tom and Ailsha were wonderful hosts, excellent cooks and the "best" in showing us how warm and friendly the Irish people truly are. A great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FloridaWeen
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a trip to Ireland visiting relatives. Tom and Ailsa made us feel very welcome when we stayed there, leaving us to come and go as we pleased. The breakfasts were amazing and set in very comfortable surroundings. As previous posters have commented, Tom will play you a tune on one of the fiddles he made himself and even let me have a go on one even though it's many years since I played. Will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brendan M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just returned from a wedding where we used the Avondale B&B as base.

Tom and Ailsa were wonderful with my girlfriend and I - in particular Ailsa's advice on Taxi's, walks and other local knowledge. Both Tom and Ailsa were very helpful!

The B&B is literally 5minutes from the heart of Cookstown and yet is in the heart of some stunning Irish countryside. The B&B is very reasonably priced and very clean, with the air of almost a home more than a typical B&B.

Also Ailsa's cooked breakfast was a treat! If you like a fry-up this is the B&B for you! Don't take my word for it though, every other review says the same!

Thanks for being so good to Kirsty and I!

Graeme

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graeme B
Watford
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Tom & Ailsa made my wife & I very welcome. We could come & go as we pleased. We were priviledged to hear Tom play one of his treasured violins, one of many he has made. Comfortable, convenient & inexpensive. Excellent breakfast. We will return for some fly-fishing, when Tom's local knowledge & fly tying will come in handy
DickWatford

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DickWatford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Royal Hotel
#2 of 6 in Dungannon
The Belfast House
The Belfast House
#1 of 8 in Cookstown

Been to Avondale Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!