“extremely dissappointing.”

Harrys Bar & Bistro
Ranked #37 of 48 Restaurants in Cookstown
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Made a huge mistake in choosing this venue for a meal as it was a major disappointment. The first criticism I would have is the poor poor lighting upon entering the restaurant it took us a while to adjust to the darkness so much so we had difficulty in reading the menu.
My sister had ordered home made vegetable soup as a starter, however, when it arrived it was cold and tasted like tinned scotch broth, and the wheaten bread could have been used as a weapon it was so hard. The other starters were just all right they were edible but no wow factor.
I was hoping there would have been an improvement in our main course but things only went down hill after that. My friends' meal was inedible. It was described on the menu as chicken salad but when it arrived the chicken was as tough as old boots and the dressing that covered it should have carried a government health warning as it would have caused Grade A burns to ones' mouth the dressing was so hot. Absolutely dreadful. Needless to say it remained untouched. Whoever, the chef was obviously did not taste his/her dish as no-one in a professional capacity would have served that to anyone.
Myself and my sister ordered scampi and skinny chips, both arrived cold and from the taste of the scampi I would say was frozen as were the chips.
Other friend had ordered some chicken dish from the main menu but she swapped it with her sister who couldn't eat the chicken salad so one of our party had nothing to eat.
The whole experience was awful although to be fair when I requested that the untouched meal to be removed from the bill they did oblige.
I was so annoyed with myself that I had opted to go here and it was compounded by the fact that I had brought along friends who in essence had paid good money for nothing.
I would love to be able to say I would give this place another chance but for me it is not worth ruining an evening for.
So my advice is please avoid if you have other choices.

1  Thank Martha D

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My food & my co diners food was burnt black. Just terrible that a kitchen would let that go out. On the only up side Staff were very pleasant & attentive

1  Thank GoldieLocks138
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a beautiful meal at Harry's Bar, Tullylagan Country House Hotel. There was an excellent choice of food on the menu and our choices did not disappoint. Lovely ambiance and very courteous and friendly staff. We were only sorry we did not know about this hotel before our arrival at Cookstown - would love to have stayed here, definitely next time! Just one complaint - no mobile phone reception or wifi in Harry's Bar. Yes, I agree both can be intrusive but I would love to have shared my absolute delight and satisfaction with the food and service while I was there - and I am over 60!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Lovley tasty meal,great service.good portions.cosy feel.Nice open fire on a cold evening.Will be back very soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We love Harry's. Great value on their early bird menu which you can get on a Saturday night as well. Great big portion as well and lovely staff. A lovely casual night out with lots of charm. We will be back soon