“Harry's Bar”

Harrys Bar & Bistro
Ranked #37 of 48 Restaurants in Cookstown
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a beautiful meal at Harry's Bar, Tullylagan Country House Hotel. There was an excellent choice of food on the menu and our choices did not disappoint. Lovely ambiance and very courteous and friendly staff. We were only sorry we did not know about this hotel before our arrival at Cookstown - would love to have stayed here, definitely next time! Just one complaint - no mobile phone reception or wifi in Harry's Bar. Yes, I agree both can be intrusive but I would love to have shared my absolute delight and satisfaction with the food and service while I was there - and I am over 60!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Lovley tasty meal,great service.good portions.cosy feel.Nice open fire on a cold evening.Will be back very soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We love Harry's. Great value on their early bird menu which you can get on a Saturday night as well. Great big portion as well and lovely staff. A lovely casual night out with lots of charm. We will be back soon

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Booked this restaurant for a special family meal, wish we had done our homework as couldn't agree more with the two poor reviews.
Firstly, clearly arrived with a disabled family member who can only walk supported and with a crutch, we were walked ALL around the bar to our seat, despite the fact it was actually right opposite the entrance.
Secondly, the food took forever, and to say it was average was an understatement. The steak was cold, the fish pie required a fisherman to find the fish, the chicken was overcooked and the battered fish was fried to within an inch of being reawakened. Plus strangest tartare sauce I have ever tasted (pesto??) and cold mushy peas. I also wouldn't bother with desserts.
Thirdly, service, we sat for ages after our first drinks were finished, we actually had to visit the bar to ask someone to come and take another order. At the end of our meal, we were asked if we were finished, and when we said we were half our plates were cleared, it was 20 minutes before anyone returned to clear the remainder, and we were sat there with no drinks.
I have never not left a tip in my life, but I have to admit this was the first time.

1  Thank Perthite_77
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal in Harry's wine bar and it was most disappointing. Starters cold and undercooked. Mains cold and served on dirty plates. The main restaurant is very good but we certainly won't be dining in the wine bar again.

1  Thank mconlon2016