“Great feed, well priced for families”
Review of Time

Time
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Cookstown
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went here on a busy Saturday afternoon and we were served straight away. The food was excellent, great portions, well priced and the we loved it. We had no problems, in fact the service was swift. £29 for 3 adults, 2 kids and a jug of juice. We'll be back here again!

2  Thank julesthereader

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times with my husband and daughter. There is always a pleasant greeting, fantastic atmosphere and delicious food. However when it comes to ordering more drinks or dessert be prepared for a lengthy wait. We alwys end up having to go up to the bar to ask for a dessert menu then again to order desserts and drinks. They seem to forget all about u once u have had ur main meal. But it's still a good spot.

1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited here as a group of four for lunch & afternoon drinks, when we arrived we were treated by friendly staff & shown to our seats, the service was great at this stage, we ordered lunch, the food came really quickly & was really nice. When our meal was over & the table cleared we asked the waitress if we could order another round of drinks, it took her a long time to come back to take our order & even longer again for the drinks to come which was disappointing, were then told that we would have to move seats as the table was reserved for another party. We willingly moved & asked the waitress if we could order more drinks, it took 25mins for someone to come take our drinks order & a further 15mins for the drinks to come, this was really disappointing as we had been in the bar all afternoon & had spent almost £150 between lunch & drinks, I would have understood if the bar was really busy but it was actually quite quiet. We were then told that we would have to move seats again as the new table we had chosen was now also going to be used for another party, this was so frustrating as the waitresses watched us choose our new table & knew that we planned to stay as we were ordering more drinks with her, she could have directed us to a table that wasn't reserved for someone else. Again every time we wanted to order a round of drink we would try to get a waitresses attention but no one came to us and we had to go to the bar ourselves to order. This started out as a great experience but the service rapidly went down hill, it was very disappointing & put a bit of a damper on our afternoon out.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never eaten here but what a surprise. It was on a Saturday night and as a party Of 15 we were put up on tables away from the main bar. We got a four course meal of a set menu and I had soup to start was nice could have been a little warmer, the turkey and ham dinner was lovely. I opted for Xmas pudding and it was just enough not to much with warm custard. My collegue had the hot chocolate fudge cake and i sneaked a little taste. So light and lovely to eat. Definitely was surprised and would return. With it being a bar u have the bustle of the bar but we were away from it enough not to be overpowering. We thought as it was a party night we would have access to the disco upstairs but were told this wasn't included in the price. Maybe you should think this over for next year even offer a meal and vip access! We ended up leaving as we didn't want to stand in the queue to get to disco especially after eating in the establishment and spending the guts of £1000 we would have liked an area we could have carried on our party without to much disruption. But would definitely recommend and return

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband, 2 year old son and I ate here on a Saturday afternoon. The bar has had a face lift and it is a great improvement. Lovely and bright, comfortable and is welcoming, even for families. I had no problems with the venue.

However on arrival I couldn't help but over hear the gentle man on the table beside us asking the member of staff to assist with the reading of the menu as he had forgotten his reading glasses. To his reply the waitress said 'well I'm bit busy, I have a few other things to do first'. What a reply!!!! I offered to read the menu out to this gentle man, poor service from staff.

My big issue with Time.Bar.Venue was with the choice of food or should I say lack of choice of food for people with allergies! The only thing that was on offer was CHIPS!!!! Hardly a healthy choice for a toddler!! I am horrified that an establishment like this can not cater for people with allergies. The pasta sauce is not made fresh, they are unsure if the sausages are safe or if the soup is safe! They just had not a clue. This is simple simply food that I can obtain or make myself that does not have to contain allergens of any kind.

Our food was nice and would recommend to people to try for a quick bite as long as they have no allergies.

2  Thank kon1979