“Legendary Irish hospitality at it's best”
Review of Greenvale Hotel

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cookstown
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Greenvale hotel hosted a surprise birthday party for my mum at the end of April this year & the service, ambience & general hospitality was flawless from start to finish. There was around 65 family members attending the party & we had a hot fork buffet which was superb - excellent variety, plentiful & beautifully cooked. I did not stay in the hotel as I stayed with relatives nearby but my parents, brother & parent's friends all stayed in the hotel.
On the day of the party which was a Saturday, there were a couple of wedding receptions being held so the hotel was extremely busy, however you would never have known that the staff were working flat out as they remained friendly, unflappable & professional throughout. The manager in particular, Michael was as welcoming and accommodating as could be, despite having worked an extremely long & busy shift & the ladies on reception were very helpful & friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel itself is a delight; the rooms are stylish, clean & comfortable & mum informs me that they serve a top notch breakfast. My parents have stayed here in the past & will no doubt be staying again in the future. I cannot recommend the Greenvale highly enough. Thank you so much for your excellent handling & hosting of a very memorable surprise birthday party for my mum.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne S
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Yvonne,

Firstly thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Can we just say it was a pleaure to host your function. We enjoyed meeting your family and are delighted you all enjoyed it. We were indeed very busy but we always strive to give the best food and service to all our guests no matter how busy we are.

Please pass on a big hello to the family from all of us and tell them we hope to see them back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our daughter had her wedding reception in the Greenvale in march 2013. It was first class from start to finish. i would like to thank Michael and his staff for a super job, the meal, the service ,the rooms all top dollar.our guests were very impressed with this hotel and the attention to detail the owner Michael Mcelhatton puts in to events at his hotel..
the rooms were so modern and up to date,spotless and refreshing.
the breakfast the next morning was excellent..
all said our daughter and her husband were treated like royalty and i thank the Greenvale Hotel for all the done for us.

well recommended..first class hotel...

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent as is the entire hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Brendan M
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Brendan thank you very much for your kind review, its great to hear you all had a good day. We love our weddings and as you say the Manager puts allot of time and effort into every detail of the day.

We hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I started staying in this hotel last June when working in Ireland. I stay here regularly and whenever colleagues visit they too now stay here.
From day one the staff made me feel welcome and are always helpful. The rooms are lovely and always exceptionally clean.
The food is very very good and an extensive menu means always plenty of choice. Whenever I visit they make me fell very welcome and I would highly recommend. I wish I could find somewhere like it in southern Ireland!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank VictoriaG973
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Victoria,

Thanks soo much for your review on the hotel, we understand that our business guests can often be away from home quite alot, we therefore strive to make sure they feel the hotel is a home away from home. Our moto is arrive as a guest leave as a friend.

Once again thank you for your review and for recommending us to your colleagues.

Kate

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed over, having attended an evening supper at a friend's wedding. The food was very good, as was lunch, which we had in the bar. Our cooked breakfast was very good, especially the grilled bacon (no greasy fry-up here !). The room was very tastefully decorated and well insulated from the party music down below. The staff were most attentive and when we are next in Cookstown for an overnight stay we will definitely stay at the Greenvale.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lyttlemo2012
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

What a delighful read, thank you for your review of the hotel. Everything you mentioned re the hotel is wonderful to hear, especialy your views of how good the food was.

We would like to thankyou for taking the time out to review the hotel and look forward to seeing you again when you are in Cookstown.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for my cousins wedding. Function rooms were very spacious and well laid out. The receptionist and other staff were very friendly and accommodating . Hotel felt very homely . The surroundings were pleasant. Food was tasty cooked to perfection and well presented.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank funkfo

Thanks soo much for your kind review of the hotel. It makes our day when a customer or guest enjoys the hotel. We agree with you re the decor and the hotel environment, we want our guests to feel at home.

Once again thanks for taking the time out to review the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fabulous venue for weddings or parties or family gatherings, great food all the time. Small hotel with a real homely feel, tastefully decorated with warm and elegant surroundings. Would recommend this hotel for weddings.

Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Adam D
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Firstly can I say thankyou for taking the time out to review our hotel and for your kind words. Michael the owner does invest alot of time and money keeping the hotel decor up-to-date, giving the hotel the warm and homely enviroment you have mentioned.

Once again thankyou for your review.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I checked in to this hotel for a business meeting i had nearby the following morning and I was greeted by a very bubbly and friendly receptionist who was so very accommodating. Check in was quick and her banter was very friendly and encouraging, she walked me to my room and helped me with my hand-fulls of luggage to my room which I have to say was botique-ly decorated and the smell was as if it were brand new. I've rated my sleep quality as poor but this was no reflection on the comfort of the bed or the room in any way shape or form it was more a fact of the noise from the adjoining bedroom and my early morning visitor, that's right some guy somehow gained access to my room turned on my light whilst I was asleep and as I'm a light sleeper at the best of times I was awoken instantly, he apologised profusely but I still do not know how he was able to get in to my room with his key card, the only thing I can think is that he worked for the hotel and assumed that my room was empty. I didn't bring this up in the morning as I was running late and didn't want to cause a fuss, equally the lady next door was up at about 4am which also woke me up. So again this was no way anything to do with the bedroom it's self the bed in actual fact was huge and very comfy. Later that night I went for a drive and decided to take a "scenic route" namely east sperrins, anyone in this areas needs to do this route it was absolutely breath taking, I felt great and completely rejuvenated after it and I guess it has that kind of effect on you. I then arrived back at the hotel and went in the restaurant which again was nicely decorated but I guess that would compensate for the food, it really wasn't what I was expecting given that everything else so far in the hotel was great but I have to say the food was a real let down. I had the chicken cheddar, which was deep fried and to me I would say this was overdone, I took the scorched breadcrumbs off the chicken and the rest was actually ok, the veg however has a lot to be desired it was just like a grey mush. I had to leave it and when I was asked if everything was alright I advised that the veg was not very nice. But no apology. Just removed my plate. But that aside thank god the hotel it's self was so nice as this redeemed this debacle. I went to the bar for another drink and then retired to my room. I listened to some music then fell asleep. Until I woke up in the morning for a shower and then went for breakfast. All in all apart from the food everything was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. We would appreciate if you would contact us on greenvalecookstown@aol.com, as we are very concerned re someone entering your room. Our rooms are fitted with a privacy button on all room doors, once selected no one can enter the room not even staff. I would appreciate if you could let us know if you choose to select the privacy button.

Our food standards are normally of the highest, so we were dissapointed to hear you did not enjoy your meal, please be assured that this is not a normal occurance. When you have a moment as mentioned above contact us as to help us resolve some of the issues you had while staying in the hotel. We value all custom an always aim to ensure our guests enjoy their stay.

Thankyou for your kind words re the decor and staff. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Glenavon House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Dungannon
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Greenvale Hotel? Share your experiences!