Greenvale Hotel
$144
$140
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding receptionthe owner managerfirst classfree car parkingstaff are outstandingtrue gentlemanthe portion sizefunction roomcousin's weddingplenty of hot waterfood on offergood nights sleepvery generous portionsbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelwonderful hospitalitywent the extra mile
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fabulous venue for weddings or parties or family gatherings, great food all the time. Small hotel with a real homely feel, tastefully decorated with warm and elegant surroundings. Would recommend this hotel for weddings.

Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Adam D
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Firstly can I say thankyou for taking the time out to review our hotel and for your kind words. Michael the owner does invest alot of time and money keeping the hotel decor up-to-date, giving the hotel the warm and homely enviroment you have mentioned.

Once again thankyou for your review.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I checked in to this hotel for a business meeting i had nearby the following morning and I was greeted by a very bubbly and friendly receptionist who was so very accommodating. Check in was quick and her banter was very friendly and encouraging, she walked me to my room and helped me with my hand-fulls of luggage to my room which I have to say was botique-ly decorated and the smell was as if it were brand new. I've rated my sleep quality as poor but this was no reflection on the comfort of the bed or the room in any way shape or form it was more a fact of the noise from the adjoining bedroom and my early morning visitor, that's right some guy somehow gained access to my room turned on my light whilst I was asleep and as I'm a light sleeper at the best of times I was awoken instantly, he apologised profusely but I still do not know how he was able to get in to my room with his key card, the only thing I can think is that he worked for the hotel and assumed that my room was empty. I didn't bring this up in the morning as I was running late and didn't want to cause a fuss, equally the lady next door was up at about 4am which also woke me up. So again this was no way anything to do with the bedroom it's self the bed in actual fact was huge and very comfy. Later that night I went for a drive and decided to take a "scenic route" namely east sperrins, anyone in this areas needs to do this route it was absolutely breath taking, I felt great and completely rejuvenated after it and I guess it has that kind of effect on you. I then arrived back at the hotel and went in the restaurant which again was nicely decorated but I guess that would compensate for the food, it really wasn't what I was expecting given that everything else so far in the hotel was great but I have to say the food was a real let down. I had the chicken cheddar, which was deep fried and to me I would say this was overdone, I took the scorched breadcrumbs off the chicken and the rest was actually ok, the veg however has a lot to be desired it was just like a grey mush. I had to leave it and when I was asked if everything was alright I advised that the veg was not very nice. But no apology. Just removed my plate. But that aside thank god the hotel it's self was so nice as this redeemed this debacle. I went to the bar for another drink and then retired to my room. I listened to some music then fell asleep. Until I woke up in the morning for a shower and then went for breakfast. All in all apart from the food everything was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. We would appreciate if you would contact us on greenvalecookstown@aol.com, as we are very concerned re someone entering your room. Our rooms are fitted with a privacy button on all room doors, once selected no one can enter the room not even staff. I would appreciate if you could let us know if you choose to select the privacy button.

Our food standards are normally of the highest, so we were dissapointed to hear you did not enjoy your meal, please be assured that this is not a normal occurance. When you have a moment as mentioned above contact us as to help us resolve some of the issues you had while staying in the hotel. We value all custom an always aim to ensure our guests enjoy their stay.

Thankyou for your kind words re the decor and staff. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Brilliant Hotel, well run, great food, pleasant staff. Location is good, rooms are great. Function room is well decorated, surroundings are pleasant. Highly recommended for a meal, a stay or a family function.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eamonn M
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time out to review the hotel. Thank you soo much for your kind review. We try and ensure all areas of the hotel are of excellent standards, so it is lovely when our customers give us such a nice review.

Once again thank you very much.

Greenvale Hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had my wedding here on 1 March and as with all weddings I have been to in the Greenvale, the owner and staff were excellent in ensuring that our day was completely stress free. The food was excellent and overall atmosphere was amazing. The honeymoon suite is amazing also. Couldn't fault anything about our wedding at the Greenvale. Only wish we could do it all over again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annette R

We would firstly like to thank you for talking the time out to review the hotel. We are delighted that you were happy with your wedding day, the owner/manager really does put his heart and sole into the weddings at the hotel. Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel, we look forward to seeing you next year for your anniversary meal.

Delighted your day went soo well.

Greenvale Hotel

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The greenvale by far is the best hotel for great service and food... when booking my wedding venue i didnt even look anywhere else as i know everything will be perfect on the day... i have had loads of different experiences at the greenvale and never had a bad one...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

We are delighted you enjoyed your special day, thank you soo much for your wonderful review, while we welcome all feedback, it is lovely when someone has a great time at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back next year for your anniversary meal.

Once again.