“great food and service”
Review of Greenvale Hotel

Greenvale Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cookstown
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of weddings and another for business, i thought it was great. The food is all homemade and very tasty. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for you, i highly reccommend it

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank foxymcstra
There are newer reviews for Greenvale Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a lovley family meal here, the food was excellent as usual, great selection on the menu and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful especially were the kids were concerned. The service just gets better and better every time we eat here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kane356
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had a lovely family meal here for my Grandmothers birthday, as ever the food was really good with a good selection on the Bar Menu and also the Dining Room Menu. However, I would like to see some more pasta dishes on there such as Pasta Bake etc for times when you want something a bit different. I personally had Steak & Chicken which was delicious and the 6oz steak was very large with plenty of eating in it, I would have liked non battered pieces of chicken with it as opposed to the Breaded Goujons though. Everyone really enjoyed their meals which we followed with desserts. Service was really good and the staff member who served us was very helpful and friendly even though he was rushed off his feet attending both upstairs restaurant and dining room downstairs. The setting of this hotel is lovely on approach and inside is tastefully decorated with plenty of seating and areas to relax.

You will not be dissapointed should you choose to go to the Greenvale for a meal.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Matilda2
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My brother had his wedding reception in the Greenvale recently and absolutely every single aspect of the function and our subsequent stay was first class.
The ambience, the food, the staff, the rooms all totally exceeded our expectations.
I knew of the hotel but I had no idea that it was so good and honestly, I can be very, very fussy!

Room Tip: They were all good - superking beds, crisp good quality bed linen and flat screen TVs...what's n...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank anniebr
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We would just like to express our gratitude to the management and staff for the excellent day we had at our daughter's wedding here recently. Organisation, quality of food, service and accomodation were all first class, Our daughter and son in law could not have chosen a better place for their reception. All our guests were very impressed with the amount and quality of food and the standard of the rooms. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Point-to-point
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Spent a great day here on Friday 2nd September at a wedding. The food was beautiful, bedroom lovely & breakfast "the morning after" was exactly what "the doctor ordered"!!! Enjoyed every minute of our time at the Greenvale Hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank katie_ohagan
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I recently booked a business room here for a hypnosis clinic I was running in the area for the day. I had priced the Glenavon Hotel across the rd from the Greenvale which qouted me £195 compared to the Greenvales £50 for the entire days rental. naturally I want for the cheaper price & booked the Greenvale.

When I arrived the receptionist was very helpful, there was no problems there whatsoever. Then I got to the room I had rented out & thats where the reflection of the low price really became clear. The room was very old, wallpaper peeling, paint chipping of the walls. carpet was lifting & thread bare. i would say it was like stepping into a different hotel as the rest of the hotel looked great from what I saw.

There seemed to be a store room in the room I rented which contained napkins etc. the staff on verious occations knocked & wanted in to get stuff from this store! Now I'm running a hypnotherapy clinic, I really dont want people wanting in to get supplies from the store whilst working with a client or not. I have rented the room, it should be free for me & my clients only.

Then I noticed there was a table whith cups etc outside the room door. Imagine my horror when i was told by one of the staff members (as they walked through the room I had rented to get to the store again!!) that they were expecting 200 guest in for tea before a wedding reception! So imagine me needing peace & quite to conduct a hypnotherapy treatment & 200 loud guests standing outside the door shouting & laughing! Surely when I booked the room this wedding would have also been booked so why was this not mentioned as I did ask was the room quite!

I did have lunch in the bar when there. Food was of cheap quality & over priced. Staff where great there though also.

All in all I would rather pay the £195 the Glenavon wanted the next time I work in cookstown instead of that shabby room I got for £50 from the Greenvale. I certainly would never rent one of their rooms out again for one of my clinics.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Justin_Dreamz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Glenavon House Hotel
#2 of 6 in Dungannon
Apparo
Apparo
#1 of 1 in Draperstown

Been to Greenvale Hotel? Share your experiences!