“Nice meal”

Tullylagan Country House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cookstown
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited Harry's bistro a group of six we were seated in one of the booths service was great and every body commented how nice there meal was all in all an enjoyable experience hopefully get back to it soon.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad you were impressed with your recent visit to Harry's Bar & Bistro. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Tullylagan Country House Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I held our wedding reception at Tullylagan on 26th September 2013 & really cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Mary, Andrew & all of the team were fantastic from start to finish, from the planning stages, right up until we checked out the following morning!! Both the food & service were faultless & all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the day with us. Thankyou for all of your hard work. We really appreciate it & you made out special day AMAZING!! We will be back to see you soon.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Newly weds,

Thank You so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

It was a pleasure to look after, and share such a special day with an amazing couple. We enjoyed your visits each time in the run up to the wedding, so we knew it was going to be a fabulous day.. which it was.

Brides and Grooms, like you, make our jobs so worthwhile and rewarding.

Please come and see us again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My son recently had his Wedding reception at this lovely Hotel and we were very impressed by the venue, the food, the staff and the accommodation.
The breakfast on the following morning was excellent and a walk through the beautiful grounds to the river was the perfect way to clear ones head.
A perfect day was had by the Bride and Groom and the many guests who attended.
Top marks to the Tullylagan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to hear your sons special day was everything you hoped it to be. It is always a pleasure, and even more rewarding to hear we are doing a good job.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Tullylagan Country House Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having recently celebrated my 40th birthday my sisters in law suggested a meal in the Tullylagan. It is a place we are familiar with so it was all arranged...the service started off well but once they started to serve the meal it went drastically down hill...
We all had sirloin ... What the heck were we thinking...it was awful. I could hardly get it chewed enough to swallow .... I tried to cut it up into smaller pieces to take the bad look of it when I saw my sister in law remove hers from her mouth ... She left it on the table because the dinner was served on slates and there was little room. Worse to come ... We agreed dessert and when the waitress returned with forks and spoons she set them down beside the pieces of steak .... Now the restaurant is badly lit but she can't not have seen the steak but we still had to ask her to wipe the table ...TWICE... Shocking to say the least. My dessert was lovely thankfully but the apple tart tartin was terrible ... Caramelised within an inch of its life.. It seemed to be burnt... Then the coffee was cold and had to be replaced...
I was so disappointed in the whole meal...terrible. None of us was keen to make a fuss... It was reflected in our tip and we definitely won't be back there in a hurry....Sorry Tullylagan but your chef and young waitress let you and us down.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank 5BellaB
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your recent meal in Tullylagan Country House Hotel.

Traditionally the Tullylagan has been renowned for high standards of quality and service as demonstrated by the numerous awards we have received, i.e The Irish Restaurant Awards - Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Should any problems which occurred, been brought to our attention on the evening, we would have done our utmost to resolve any issues before you left the Hotel, however this does not seem to have been the case.

Please dont hesitate to contact me on andrewmcivor@tullylaganhotel.com if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My son and daughter in law held their wedding reception at this venue. As we were over for a break we decided to have sunday lunch at the Kitchen Restaurant. We had a young child with us and the staff were very attentive, the lunch was lovely although disappointing that there was no beef left. A gentle walk in the grounds afterwards equally so.

Just a small point for health and safety some of the guests had seen fit to leave glasses and bottles littering the grass areas not a huge amount but enough to cause damage.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am delighted to hear you decided to return to Tullylagan Country House again, I hope it holds fond memories for your family.

Sorry to hear the Beef option for Sunday Lunch was not available, I believe this was a particuarly busy Sunday for us. I have also noted your comments regarding the glasses, and this matter has been addressed to the relevant departments.

I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the gardens, it is the perfect way to finish off Sunday Lunch!

We hope to welcome you back to Tullylagan Country House Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had our wedding in Tullylagan this year and it was the best decision we made for our big day. Right from our first viewing the staff were friendly and warm and could not do enough to help us. The day itself was perfect. Staff had the room setup just the way we wanted it. The meal was delicious and service throughout the day was flawless. Everyone we have spoken to since has said what a wonderful place it was for a wedding. I cannot recommend Tullylagan highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank You so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

It is very rewarding to hear such positive feedback, and makes our job so worthwhile. It was a pleasure to look after you on such a special occasion, and I am delighted to hear everything met your expectations.

We would like to wish you both every happiness as you begin married life together, and hope to see you at Tullylagan Country House in the very near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked an appointment with the Tullylagan to view it for a Wedding Venue. It was amazing! We were met by Andrew who did a great job in showing us around, helping us to visualize what our wedding could be in this great setting. We were sat down and offered tea and coffee in front of a fire in the snug part of the reception. We were very impressed by the entire hotel - the rooms were spotless, the bridal suite is beautiful and the grounds sold it for me. We did leave the viewing on a high. I had emails back and forth with Andrew and he was very accommodating, answering any questions I had regarding the venue. After viewing other venues I couldn't get Tullylagan out of my head. We have now set a date in 2015 and I can't wait to enjoy our special day at such a beautiful venue.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted your first impressions of Tullylagan Country House Hotel met your expectations, and led you to book your special day with us.

We look forward to meeting with you again in the near future, and helping you plan and organise such a happy ocassion.

Food & Beverage Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Glenavon House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Omagh
Apparo
Apparo
#1 of 1 in Draperstown

Been to Tullylagan Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!