Tullylagan Country House Hotel
$90
Greenvale Hotel(Cookstown)
$148
$140
Kingsmills Self Catering Cottages(Cookstown)(Great Value!)
$202
TripAdvisor
All reviewsharry's barbeautiful groundshidden gembanqueting hallwedding venuelog firefamily lunchreception areaspecial thankswedding coordinatorgreat atmosphereexcellent foodpleasant stafffrom start to finisha lovely stayfantastic hotelstayed here for one night
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I visited the hotel with my fiancé for a romantic stay, first impressions were beautiful building and grounds, but then we ventured to reception where we were ignored for the first few minutes as the receptionist counted her money and then we were met with a grunt, given the key to our room and that was, it after asking where our room was and again replying with a grunt that was it, down hill from here the room at least was ok but I fealt like I was an unwanted guest in a strangers house, I was met only once with a smile from one of the bar staff who for a brief while made us welcome, I could go on for pages but all in all our stay was not the getaway we were so looking forward to and for £90 per night I would expect the staff to at least be Courtious , it was the worst greeting I have ever been met with and unfortunately I will not return or recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank mightyeater
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Mightyeater
Further to your review and comments regarding your recent customer service experience at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, we are most concerned about the incident you describe.

This is in no way the level of 'Welcome' we aim to provide in any of our departments in our hotel. We can assure you that any such poor level of customer greeting would be a contradiction to the level of courteous and professional customer service we strive to provide and excel at.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me personally so that I may investigate and discuss your serious claims further and we are indeed very pleased that our Bar Staff did attend to you in the manner all guests are and should be looked after when at Tullylagan Country House Hotel.

I thank you for your feedback on your recent visit and I look forward to your personal reply to the above.

Andrew McIvor
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Soaking wet and frozen to the marrow after a great trip to the Giant's causeway and a spectacularly awful lunch we were heading for Castle Leslie for a bit of luxury when we decided to turn off to see what this hotel was like. It was in beautiful grounds and was really calm and peaceful. Our room was quiet, clean and comfortable as well as being spacious and well-furnished. The dinner was excellent and the breakfast delicious with stunning porridge! The staff were welcoming and obliging and the price extremely reasonable given the level of luxury and service. My only complaint was the shower: in order to get hot water it had to be run at maximum pressure which splattered the whole bathroom and soaked the toilet roll! I did report this but it was not rectified. I would definitely return if visiting the area again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am happy you decided to stop off at Tullylagan Country House on your trip home from the giants causeway. We aim to make our guests feel welcome during their stay with us, and invite them to relax and enjoy the beautiful peaceful setting during their stay. I am glad you had the opportunity to dine in our award winning restaurant,. I'm sorry you experienced problems with the shower during your stay, we have recently had maintenance service all showers in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tullylagan Country House Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just attended a wedding in this hotel and stayed overnight. What a fabulous day which was made extra special because of the staff. The hotel is stunning and the staff are excellent. The room I stayed in was lovely and also spotless. The food is of a very high standard. I will definitely go back for a weekend break.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank gerrya23
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to post this review. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at Tullylagan Country House Hotel. The staff take an evident pride in their work and it is wonderful to hear a guest commenting on this. Tullylagan is a beautiful setting indeed for a wedding, and i am happy it met your expectations. We would very much love to see you back at Tullylagan in the near future.

Regards

Will be back
Voucher table

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am happy you enjoyed your recent visit to Tullylagan Country House Hotel.

It is always rewarding to hear positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you to Tullylagan Country House in the near future.

Regards
Andrew Mc Ivor
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

First i'll put this in context; its not the hotels fault that I was feeling sick or that the gentleman in the room beside me slept with the tv on ALL NIGHT! But, the bed was very small (I am 6ft 4in) and it took a while for the water to warm up (but it is an old house with old pipes).
I didnt eat breakfast as I didnt feel well but i did sit in with my colleagues and they seemed to enjoy it.
Room 6 at the top of the stairs is very loud and the two single beds are small but the view is breaktaking.
Staff were brilliant and it would be a great hideaway for a romantic break to do nothing but relax.

• Stayed: May 2012
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am sorry to hear you were feeling unwell during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the beautiful views from your bedroom, it is a lovely peaceful setting.

We would like to welcome you back to Tullylagan in the future, and hopefully you will be feeling better then and can take advantage of the full Irish Breakfast!