Tullylagan Country House Hotel
$119
$96
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsharry's barbeautiful groundshidden gembanqueting hallwedding venuelog firefamily lunchreception areaspecial thankswedding coordinatorgreat atmosphereexcellent foodpleasant stafffrom start to finisha lovely stayfantastic hotelstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2011

stayed here for one night for a social catch up with friends. Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and tasteful, I thought actually better than star rating given. the fire was on when we arrived and made a lovely relaxing atmosphere to catch up with friends over a glass of wine. The food was beautiful and not expensive for what we had (3 courses for about £22). breakfast was equally as good. Thankyou had a lovely stay hopefully be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Tullylagan, Manager at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, and I am glad you had the opportunity to dine in our Hotel Restaurant, I have passed your valuable comments on to our Head Chef.

We look foward to Welcoming you back to Tullylagan Country House Hotel.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I recently attended my cousin's wedding at the Tullylagan Country House Hotel and just waned to say WOW what a venue! The seting is one of true beauty and the buildings stunning!

The food, service and staff were fantastic and nothing was to much trouble. Unfortunately my wife took ill but the staff were helpful and made sure that she had something to eat.

We stayed overnight and our room was superb and comfortable.

next time we're we will pay a visit to this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your cousins wedding reception which you attended at Tullylagan Country House Hotel, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the hotel surroundings. I am sorry to hear that your wife was feeling ill, but am glad she was looked after by the staff.

Your positive comments are much appreciated, I am glad you had a memorable stay at Tullylagan Coutry House Hotel, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

The setting of the Tullylagan along with the time of year was the perfect place for my daughters wedding. we had guests from many parts of the world but mainly Itlay. Italians are known for their appreciation of food. So my thanks goes to the Catering staff for the most splendid meal and service, also to those who set up the main hall for the wonderful attention to every detail. Our guests who stayed at the hotel for several days were delighted with the friendly and polite way in which the staff met their needs as some had small babies. Nothing was too much. particular thanks to Mary for her undivided attention to the bride and groom throughtout the whole day. the bonus was in being able to use the wonderful grounds for the wedding pictures and so everyone was together at all times.

• Stayed: September 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am delighted that your daughter chose Tullylagan Country House as her Wedding Reception Venue. It was a pleasure to look after the Bride, Groom & Wedding Guests & to make their stay - relaxing, comfortable & memorable. I am pleased you were able to enjoy the hotel grounds and make use of the landscaped gardens for your photographs.

We pride ourselves on Customer Care, and it is wonderful to hear such positive feedback. We hope to Welcome you back to Tullylagan Country House in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I got married in the Tullylagan in May of this year (2010) i had a marquee wedding, and it was fantastic, the marquee was absolutely beautiful, management and staff were nothing but accomodating, helping me match colour schemes for inside the marquee, chossing candle sticks, flower arrangements, centre pieces all to help make our day as special as possible. inside of the marquee was like a fairytale, like nothing id ever pictured and also something the guests all loved and talked about, silk drapes, a beautiful carved wood bar, definately domething different. The grounds around the hotel are superb, no seperate venue for pictures. it its just the right distance outside of town for that tranquillity. the rooms are also beautiful, which that homely feeling of a country house. i cannot give enough praise to the management and staff of this hotel. I definately had the best of wedding days, and would reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to post this review.

I am so pleased that you chose Tullylagan Country House to host your Marquee Wedding Reception. I think everyone agreed the Marquee looked absolutely stunning, and was beautifully decorated. It was a pleasure to help you plan & organise your Wedding Reception, and to look after you on the day.

We wish you all the best in your new married life together, and hope to welcome you back to Tullylagan Country House in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a family wedding in August 2010. A number of rooms were booked by the wedding organisers, so we were able to only specify numbers of people per room. When we first arrived at reception (probably one of the last parties of the wedding group to arrive), we were initially told we had no rooms booked (the receptionist was polite enough, but fairly 'to the point'). After a few minutes, we were told that, yes, we did have rooms. We were sown to two rooms on the ground floor. I had initial misgivings abut the location of these rooms, as for some reason the gents toilet of the hotel foyer is situated past the door of the rooms, meaning that people walked past the doors to get to the toilets. It seemed that these were the last two rooms available (I deduced that rooms had been allocated on a first come first served basis, meaning that we got the last ones and subsequent the least desirable).
Both room s were functional, if rather dark. They both seemed adapted for disabled use, our room more so. The bathroom was more like a wet room, with a shower only separated by a curtain. The level of the shower head was quite low. The bathroom had no window and no fan, so smelled of damp all the time. It could also have done with a thorough clean. I am all in favour of hotels providing such facilities, but don't consider the room we were allocated to have been of similar quality to other rooms in the hotel (especially after seeing other rooms)

The food was OK - breakfast fine. We had a set priced meal in the wine bar, which was fine. The staff were mostly extremely friendly. Drinks prices seemed like pub levels (certainly cheaper than southern England).

All in all, the rooms we stayed in were disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not find your room satisfactory. Your comments were discussed with the relevant heads of departments and have now been dealt with.

I hope this experience has not put you off returning to Tullylagan Country House Hotel, as we would like to prove our usual standards to you.

Management.