“Absolutley amazing!! Beautiful food & brilliant customer service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanover House

Hanover House
Ranked #16 of 43 Restaurants in Cookstown
Cuisines: British, Irish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutley amazing!! Beautiful food & brilliant customer service!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My fiance and i went to Hanover house this evening for our tea. We both had starters, main courses, shared a dessert an drinks. Value was brilliant. Service was excellent!! Food was thee best we've had in a long time in any restuarant!! Hanover provided speedy service whilst being very busy an could not have made our evening more peaceful, relaxed an enjoyable. For the amazing food we recieved at such good value. We've booked our engagement party with the hanover whos prices for our buffet is very very cheap with such good quality, fresh food!! We even are discussing having our wedding at hanover house!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. It is cosy, homely, relaxing, friendly and overall we recieved outstanding service!! Thanks hanover for a wonderful evening :)

1 Thank CBMH

Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Nice and Cosy”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Last Sunday evening my partner and I went for a meal as we do once a month, we sat in-front of a big warm fire and where given a friendly greeting by Paul (manager) he knows us on a first name basis and regularly enjoys the craic with us.
the food came out and it was more than we could eat as per. . . and the chicken pasta bake was unreal my partner gets the Aberdeen Angus steaks as they are very hard to find in mid ulster.
I would highly recommend coming here but on Sundays always book 1st it can be very busy! ;)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rebecca W
“Not as good as it used to be. Disappointed!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the first time I have eaten in Hanover in a good number of years and I have to say standards have definitely slipped. We ate a three course set menu and I have to say I was very disappointed. The starter was fine nothing fancy but ok. I went for the chicken Maryland. The chicken was fine not to greasy but the pineapple and banana fritters where awful so greasy I couldn't eat them (not like me) on the plus side their was plenty of side orders for everyone. Also the person sitting opposite ordered a very well done steak and it was pink in the middle. Then came the dessert. I opted for the apple tart and custard, was disappointed as the custard was practically welded to the plate. Looked like it had been reheated In the microwave with a very think skin on it. The butterscotch Sundaes left a lot to be desired. Back in the old days these would have been served in a sundae glass with meringue pieces, sauce and ice cream layered to the top and topped with fresh cream and almonds. What we actually got was two / three scoops of ice cream with butterscotch sauce and a wafer stuck in the top, more like a kiddies ice cream that an adult dessert. Was disappointed as it wasn't like the place was busy a few tables in their bar area were being used but apart from that we were the only other people there. We were in the function room at the front and you have to walk to bar area up past the kitchen up a corridor the only thing I will say is both times going up and coming back I nearly fell over as the carpet at the bottom near the reception area is very slippy. Looked in need of repair. I would say for future reference I think if the management are going to prepare set menus for functions, you should also include your main grill bar menu that can be pre ordered in advance so it gives people other options. I was disappointed with our meal for the price we paid. Have eaten out a lot over Xmas and got much better meals for the same price.

1 Thank IlovegoodfoodBT80
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Super”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have ate the Hanover many times now, both for the Carvery and the Grill Menu. Love going to the Sunday Carvery. It has a huge choice of hot and cold starters, meats and desserts. It's hards to not to find something to choose from. Staff very attentive. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael L
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Wonderful as always”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Was back in Northern Ireland for a holiday and ate in Hanover twice in the bar. The food was wonderful, you get lots for your money and the owner could not do enough for us. We have 1 year old twins who can make quite a mess but we always feel at home when we eat there. The kids meals are really good and my girls ate more that they ever have. The gammon my husband had is a must try for any gammon lovers and the steaks were cooked to perfection. All the desserts are homemade and I highly recommend the pavlova. We have also had the carvey before but not on this visit and it is great value for money. Will miss it for eating out now we're home as nowhere else we've eaten out at comes close to Hanover. Looking forward to our next visit already

• Visited September 2012