“A hidden gem!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Excellent venue for both food shopping and eating.....they have some lovely locally sourced deli items and organic veg which you won't find elsewhere. The food they serve is delicious and beautifully prepared. You can also buy their pies etc to take home. Seating is restricted so if you want to ensure getting a table, get there early.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, the menu is interesting and tempting, I'm working my way through it and have no complaints yet. The coffee is lovely which is such a treat around here as mediocre coffee is the norm. I disagree with some comments saying its a bit expensive as I've found the portions to be generous making it good value. The quality ingredients and thought that have gone into the dishes make them worth every penny. Most of the cakes ive tried have been lovely although my mother felt the bara brith wasn't traditional.
The shop is obviously not cheap as with all deli/farm shops but as others have said the bread is amazing.
Ill be back again and again!

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Took my Mum and partner for lunch today on a friends recommendation. What a delightful place. The food is high quality and well prepared. The deli is well stocked and the breads are just amazing. I had to buy the refillable wine and oil as well as other bits and pieces that were dying to be bought. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is amazing. West Wales is awash with mediocre delis and farm shops but Wright's is head and shoulders above the rest. Service, choice, quality, ambience - it's got it all. I've visited Wright's on numerous occasions for lunch. I was so impressed that I asked for Wright's' help when I arranged a recent corporate event. The sourdough is still THE topic of conversation among my clients! Well done Wright's! I shall make this my regular haunt.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having passed a sign on the side of the road several times over a three week period I decided to let my intrigue get the better of me and so fancying a quick spot of lunch I turned up the small road that leads to Wrights Independent Food Emporium to see exactly what was to be had.

Plenty of parking though maybe a little tight squeeze to get back out again I parked up and headed towards what looked like a house with a lovely wooden sun room.

As soon as you enter the Emporium you get the sense of interest in quality food, the smell is great and the display of great foods is smallish but quality is a plenty.

A chalk board lists the dishes on offer so after some thought I go for three dishes to share.

The soup, spicy parsnip. Pork belly cubano and a potato, cheese, pickles and spring onion melt dish (can't remember what it was called).

To be honest, I could have ordered the whole menu it all sounded fantastic.

The table is of a rustic sort and the cutlery served in a bake bean tin (clean and safe of course) but very retro you might say.

The whole ambiance is set out as relaxed, non-pretentious and farmhousey. Just somewhere where you could sit relax and watch the clouds go by.

The food arrived and we were not disappointed one bit.

All very fresh, hot and plenty of each dish for two to share. This is the best way to eat here, SHARE, you can try a bit of everything that way.

The soup was lovely, you could taste the parsnip and the spices and the occasional whole chickpea. A lovely texture and lovely bread served with it too.

The potato cheese melt slipped down very well. Great tasting cheese and lovely waxy potatoes.

Finally the belly pork cubano. Well, this is something that will without doubt be back on my plate the next time I visit (and that won’t be too long either).

The pork was perfectly cooked and so soft. With a couple of shocks to the taste buds from the small cuts of gherkin. Again, great to share. Too much for one for sure. LOL.

We had real hot chocolate and homemade lemonade. So refreshing.

After the meal and quite a relax we took time to look around the small but perfect shop with some amazing things on offer. Loved to idea of the 'bottle your own wine' bargain.

We eventually went for some bread, and even though it spent several more hours in the car before we headed home, when we tucked into the bread that evening it was so moist and tasty.

We both agreed that our impromptu visit to Wrights had been a great highlight to our perfect day out.

Thank you to all the staff, all of whom were smiling, chatty, and helpful. We could not have asked for more.

The serving times range I think from 9am until 7pm, and if you are in the area do visit this little wonderland.

1  Thank Shelly H