“Urban chic-ish”

Dhaka Indian & Bangladeshi Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Urban chic-ish”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Good Indian food, large servings (we over-ordered), excellent service, good value. Decor very attractive, very contemporary.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Carmilita

• Czech first
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“At last Carmarthen has a great Indian again......”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Dhaka building has seen a few change's over the last 5 years. Our great friend, Abdul managed and part owned it up until 2010, when he moved to run another 30 miles away in Llandovery. It went right down hill from then with a very dis-interested manager and after some really poor quality food over 12 month period, we gave up eating there.

Now after it being closed for about a year it's back. I have to say we were very cautious about the place, we’d been told it was something to do with the Ginger in the town, and we’d always found the food there bland and westernised there.

So I booked a take away wife’s birthday with 4 of our friends. Now I don’t remember to much about the food as in all honesty I was well hooned after a great show at the Lyric. I do remember the great service we had though and not being charged for the wine was a real treat. The staff put up with our singing and laughing and even joined in. We had a great night. We’ve been back 4 times since then, the last being my birthday last week, and as always the food has been stunning, authentic Bangladeshi food, or at laest as close as you'll get in Wales. The high light for me being the fish dishes. They are simply great. So it seems we have a real Indian restaurant back in Carmarthen, and im glad to say we don’t have to travel 50 miles any more……I hope the standard stays as it is, no short cuts to cater for the after pub brigade and they avoid the "all you can eat for 8 quid" or what ever the Ginger do to top the beer drinkers up. I did all that 20 years ago, I just want good food now, nothing else and I’d pay more to keep it that way…..but the chef really seems to be on the ball.....

A great place to eat for those who want real food and great service……and I can see us spending a lot of time in the Dhaka and it's friendly staff...

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Paul B
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Works party”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Found the dishes bland and thrown together no finesse but a plus point plenty of food dished out.
Found the staff smarmy and sarcastic

1 Thank JOHNJINX
Carmarthen
“A lovely little restaurant.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went in for a quick meal and was pleasantly surprised. Great welcome poppadums offered free of charge. The waiter was excellent with a great efficiency.
The food was mostly excellent and portion size more than adequate.
Good friendly atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Exchef44
Clun, United Kingdom
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Excellent varied menu with unusual and rarely seen items.
Well cooked and presented.
A very good evening