“The First of MANY Visits”
Review of Caffi Iechyd Da

Caffi Iechyd Da
Ranked #22 of 132 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are a lovely organic vegetarian cafe with lots of gluten free and vegan options. The coffees, teas and smoothies are delicious and plentiful and you can enjoy free WiFi and relax in the friendly atmosphere. We're even licensed if you want to indulge in a glass of organic wine, cider or ale with lunch. We will be closed on Mondays throughout January, February & March (excet half term) but open 8.30-5 Tuesday-Saturday with food served until about 4.30 (though you can probably still grab a cake or raw bite after that) We also have wonderful live music once a month at our Open Mic Night last Thursday of every month - see the page for other events too... Currently we have Storytelling every second Tuesday, Merlin's Magic Cafe every first thursday night, Chess Cafe & Knit & Natter Thursday afternoons plus a host of one-off events. We hope you will come join us soon!
Wotton-under-Edge, England, United Kingdom
“The First of MANY Visits”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went to Caffi Iechyd Da in December for a friend's birthday dinner. She knows the owner and sings at their open mike night. We had the whole cafe to ourselves and the decor was lovely - a mixture of local art, fairy lights and well positioned lamps.
We had a 3 course dinner - I had goats cheese tart, nut roast dinner and chocolate & orange torte (not vegetarian but fancied a change, especially close to Christmas). It was all fantastic. Really lovely flavours, great portion sizes and well presented. Total cost was about £18 which I thought was bargainous. Drinks-wise I don't drink alcohol so had a couple of ginger beers (proper traditional stuff, cloudy and tangy) and a traditional coke, which is so much nicer than the commercial stuff.
The counter was still stocked and there was an incredible range of really amazing-looking cakes, cheesecake, tarts etc. There is also a great range of coffees and other hot drinks.
The other half of the cafe had some very comfy-looking sofas so I plan to return to try the cake and the sofas out. Its handily located off one of the main shopping streets, but down a quiet lane so you can chill out in peace without any passing bustle.
Great local business, can't wait to return.

• Visited December 2012

Carmarthen
“A lovely cafe, with excellent food and kind staff...”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I call in here regularly, sometimes just for a drink, sometimes for a full-blown meal. The staff are always pleasant and helpful, and the food is consistently fresh and flavoursome.

Carmarthen has many good-value cafes from which to choose, but I find myself drawn again and again to Jackson's Lane, for what this little gem has to offer.

• Visited January 2013
Lakenheath, United Kingdom
“Geat for Gluten Free and other Free froms”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

On my second visit I was just as impressed with the knowledge of Gluten free, and the choice available, as I was the first time, and plan to visit regularly.
A lot of the food is organic, and clearly marked, as are any other options, (and plenty of them,) such as dairy free and vegan.
For those who do not need free froms, my husband assured me that the bread was very fresh and of an excellent quality, as were the other ingredients, and spent some time figuring out the carrot cake contents to see if I could copy the recipe! He is very particular about cake, and anything beyond a grunt is ok, but this one was exeptional as it had a smile as well!
The freefrom Sanwich wass very tasty, and the fillings were fresh and tasty, the goats cheese very creamy and the onion relish so yummy, nice to have some flavour in what is so often a bland diet when eating out.
The Chocolate Brownie, well, my first imrepssion, was that I will have to take half home as I wass feeling rather full, but this was just soo tasty that it did not get to be wrapped up for later! Real chocolate flavour and so rich and moist without being too much.
The hot chocolate, (yes I like chocolate,) was dairy free, and tasted of chocolate, nicely presented and a decent colour. The hot chocolate again was organic and tasted of chocolate not sugar and malt, and there are jars of it you can buy to take home with you.
The service was not terrifcally fast, but they were busy, but the staff were accurate, attentive and pleasant.
A very welcome and pleasurable experience, many thanks.

• Visited December 2012
West Wales
“Good find”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice alternative cafe in carmarthen. Can spend hours on the sofa! Nice fresh food and good atmosphere. Good for veggies too but enough meat on offer.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Ive been here a few times and always had a good experience. The atmosphere is always good and it's cute and cosy. It's great for my boyfriend and I as there are so many vegetarian options. The value is ok. All food and drinks are organic. Lots to chose from. The cakes and scones all look great although I've only tried a scone before which was yummy. Lovely place, great for lunch or just a coffee and cake. Staff are always polite. Will hopefully be popping in again soon.