“Good, but not perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ginger

Ginger
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good, but not perfect”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Quite a small place which is not a bad thing and decor is the traditional Indian restaurant. Staff ver pleasant and the complimentary popadom s and pickles landed without being asked in about a minute. We went for the excellent £10.95 sun-Thursday special with a choice of about 10 starters and mains, cracking value. Onion bahjee starters were among the best I've ever had. Food is plentiful and good quality. For me what lets this place down is the place itself had no atmosphere and the food was a bit rushed out. Almost as if they were in a hurry. Shame, but overall it's still worth a visit for good value and food quality.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Font69

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Friendly staff, good food, good presentation and a fair price.

I visited with friends and we all had different dishes, all were excellent. My only criticism is that my food could have been a bit spicier, next time I'll ask.

As usuall for an Indian restaurant the choice of lager was limited to mainly Indian beers, even so, looking forward to my next visit!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank IsisWalnut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favourites..”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Ginger twice now and each time has been pleasant. It really is a relaxed and lovely atmosphere where the food and service are on point. I can't complain much. It was a full house even on a weekday. Despite that we were welcomed warmly. It really is one of the best restaurants let alone Indian restaurants I have been to. Check it out for yourselves. You won't be disappointed! The owner should be proud.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sJ29too
Wales
“First Class Indian Food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I enjoyed a indian meal in the restaurant with an extensive menu selection.
The service was faultless and the food was delicious.
I have also had a takeaway from here, again it was outstanding value and one of the best indian restaurants in the carmarthenshire.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Keldoris
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Food fab service rubbish”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A large amount of us went here. Food was fantastic but service was poor. Spoken too rather rudely and were rushed to finish food. We booked in for 6.30pm but was told we had to finish by 7.30. NO Starters or pompodoms offered. Flat coke and just pure rubbish. Food on the other hand was really nice. Shame about service

• Visited June 2013