All reviewsthe publocal beerpay and displaytop floorlarge showerwelsh breakfastan enjoyable staynext morningexcellent showercomfortable bedspublic car parktea and coffee making facilitiesshower roomeach morningpleasant staffcentral locationwarm welcome
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I had a meal at this pub with family and the meal was lovely but the decor is ripped and outdated, plus having a CCTV camera inside of the men’s toilet is absolutely unacceptable as this is disgusting as it’s invasion of privacy while using the toilets. I wouldn’t recommend this on this occasion.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Ordered two titanic breakfasts and three diet cokes, after trying the drink we asked the waitress if we were in fact drinking Diet Coke and she did that it was Pepsi, she should have asked us if that was ok before she gave it to us, the drinks were flat and when we went to pay we informed the waitress and the manager, he just said that he had changed the gas that morning but they still charged us, absolutely couldn’t care less that we hadn’t drank them and no offer of a replacement or refund, don’t get caught out, get what you order or refuse because they won’t reimburse you for their error
#bloodydisgusted

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We came to Rose and Crown Hotel with my wife for 5 days and it was not a pleasure stay. It start with WiFi which was not working. We ask the staff first day that we cannot connect and 5 days without resolution. The staff is nice but they are not able to solve the basic issues. First shock was that in room nr. 4 is not window. So you cannot ensure natural flow of air. We were sick after 5 days with just air-con. After second night we ask to change the mattress as was old and not really proper hotel mattress. The staff just turn it which was not sufficient and my wife had issue with back whole week in the morning. On the positive note the cleanliness was fine and shower works properly. Breakfast was also not ideal and we have issue that 2 days not yogurts which is on the menu, poached eggs were extremely sour and some toast were overdone. The frame under the mattress was dirty (see my photos) and missing hook in the entrance to shower. So generally I don't recommend to use the hotel based on this experience from room 4.

Room Tip: Don't use room number 4
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Petr P
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Comfortable bed, room was quiet and what I really liked was the silver birch outside the window. Nice bathroom with excellent shower. Well designed modern bathroom, and room decor was pleasant and bright. Lovely pub with nice dining area at back and a courtyard area. Friendly staff. Good dinner.

Room Tip: Was in a front room, but there wasn't any traffic noise, and a silver birch outside the window was a lovely screen.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on a course at the nearby University. The room was quite small yet comfortable. For £65 a night I did not expect to have to share a bathroom though and neither did I expect the top floor to be a wifi blackspot, despite the description claiming the room had wifi. Most staff were friendly and happy to help. Mediocre hotel which is more of a pub than anything else.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo