“GREAT VALUE ABERDEEN ANGUS STEAK”

Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons
Ranked #31 of 137 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Llandysul, United Kingdom
“GREAT VALUE ABERDEEN ANGUS STEAK”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tuesday's Streak Night has been disappointing of late (because they run out of the Aberdeen Angus) but last night we were successful and the meal was good, and served promptly.
BUT I would advise consumers to check their bill carefully.
New staff do not seem clear on the subtlety of the till ... it seems to us that IF a customer orders a meal deal but does not have the complimentary drink the till reverts to a full price charge, and you risk ending up in an undignified dispute with the person serving you.
Youth + arrogance in the person serving you = a counter productive PR exercise.
Tim Martin built his empire on fair play and very good value and I am confident he expects his employees to uphold those aspirations ... IF YOU AS AN EMPLOYEE DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE TILL WORKS, THEN ASK FOR SOME RE-TRAINING!!
Everything else about this Wetherspoons remains the same: well kept beer, good range of lagers and wines, comfortable surroundings, lots of good humour in the customers ... clean toilets and easy local parking.

• Visited June 2013
YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. The 14oz aberdeen angus rump steak has definitely turned out to be our most popular steak on our menu and the fact that on a Tuesday you only have to pay £2 more to up grade our Steak Club deal to get it, has meant that demand is very high. Due to this we have been ordering more to keep up and over the past 6 weeks we have not run out.

With regards to drinks that are free or discounted with all our deals (Steaks, Burgers, Deli Deal, Afternoon Deal, Curry Club, Fish Friday and Sunday Club), the menus have been redesigned so that options stand out more, making it easier for customers to make the right choice. We hope this will help all our customers and they always get the best deal. We will, however, look into the comments you have made and ensure our staff help customers make an educated decision.

Welshpool, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Weatherspoons”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have just returned from a short break in Camarthen. We found this Weatherspoons to be the best we have visited out of several in the past two years. The staff were friendly and efficient, the
atmosphere was relaxed and happy, and the food was delicious and served in good time. The toilets were the cleanest of all the Weatherspoons we have been to. Well done to all the Staff at Yr Hen Dderwen.

• Visited June 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and we are so happy that your had a brilliant holiday. We hope you will come and visit us again soon!
Carmarthen
“did not feel welcomed”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Arriving in Carmarthen after a day visiting the girls in Cardiff. Decided to go and eat in weatherspoons. Have always enjoyed the food here. My husband usually goes for a jacket potato and i go for the lamb cawl(welsh for broth). Food arrived, the roll arrived without butter, had to wait 10 mins for it and no cheese. Cawl(broth) is always served with cheese, weatherspoons look into this. This time i did not feel welcomed at the pub. The bar staff kept me waiting to take my order, as they prefered to serve the drinking customers before me.

• Visited March 2013
YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm am very sorry to hear that you did not feel welcome, customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority and on this occasion it would seem we have not shown what we can really do. I hope you will still visit us the next time you are in Carmarthen.

With regards to Cheese not being served with our Lamb Cawl, we do offer it as an extra side. However we will pass on your feedback to our catering team at head office as traditionally it should be served with Cheese.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“"Good value Breakfasts!"”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have a Breakfast here twice a month before we go shopping in Carmarthen Town,we find the food cooked well,with large portions,usually served pretty quickly and good value,the staff are attentive and clear the tables promptly and seem very efficient and friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Veggies beware!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had ordered the 'Veggie roast of the day' which after ordering I was told it was unavailable, no fuss was made I simply changed my order to 'Veggie sausage and mash'. The food arrived like dinner lady's slop! I have never seen mash and gravy look like soup before! Not only that but one of the three sausages looked a little different, smelt different and the small bite I had, tasted very different!! In my book, if it looks like a pig n smells like a pig... ITS A PIG!! I have been retching all afternoon!!!! If you are a serious veggie I would check very carefully. I'm sure someone in the kitchen may have found this humorous but for a Veggie its insulting! URGH!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SophiaR90
YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to like you to know our vegetarian sausages have recently been upgrade to quorn sausages and so are more like pork sausages. Unfortunately this change has been met with concern from a few of our customers, not just yourselves. All I can do is assure you that we follow very strict guide lines when cooking vegetarian meals.

If you do have any more concerns or queries, please feel free to contact our head office and they will be more than happy to give you more details of all our vegetarian range.