“Grim Warning” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mosaic @ The Old Rectory - CLOSED

Mosaic @ The Old Rectory
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: www.mosaicdelibistro.co.uk
Caldicot
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grim Warning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We visited The Old Rectory today for morning coffee (19 August) we were given a grim welcome in the car park and stopped no loger than 30 seconds, I'll never want to go there again & I shall warn and potential visitors the same.
We continued on to Taverspite Tea Rooms we were made most welcome.
Barbara & Roger Simms

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RogerSimms

Wales
“Alas no more!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

The Mosaic no longer exists in this place. We went today and were greeted by new owners who said the restaurant had now reverted to its former name of The Old Rectoryand that the former owners were now in Swansea. It's not fair to review the new place as they were having teething problems as it was the first day that it was open for business. However I can't submit this without rating the non existing restaurant so dont take my rating as belonging to the new restaurant

Visited May 2011
2 Thank en08
Laugharne, Wales
“Lovely place, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is a nice place, I have been before, when it was run by different owners, and the new management have made an improvement in the look and feel, making it a more modern light space.

The food was good, I would come back, especially on Wednesdays when they have special nights.

• Visited August 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TyCastel
London, United Kingdom
“Try the themed evenings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I love the Mosaic. The owners Andrew and Brennen are just lovely.
I have eaten here on many occasions. From the two previous reviews it shows that you cannot please all the people all the time. I have never had a bad meal here - nor has anyone else I have spoken to.
I am not local but visit the area on a regular basis. (I was told about this restaurant by the B&B I was staying at). The food is very good to say the least and the themed evenings (Wed and Thurs) are excellent and very good value for money - 2 courses for £15.00.
As in any restaurant, if you are not happy tell the owners at the time. Things do go wrong in the kitchen with even the best of cooks.
This really is a great place to eat. I look forward to my return to Carmarthenshire and The Mosaic at The Old Rectory soon.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank donkeylover8
Llanboidy, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, wine and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

We recently had a wonderful evening at this restaurant. It was not our first visit, infact we have been many times now, and it is always the same, the food is of an excellent quality, the staff are great and the atmosphere is lovely. Would highly recommend it for a wonderful evening with friends or family for superb quality food and drink and being taken care of by Andrew and Brennan who are fantastic.

• Visited March 2011