The Plough at Rhosmaen is a wonderful find. We came across it one day whilst on our way to Pembrokeshire and we popped in for a spot of lunch and we were so impressed we vowed to go back but this time stay the night. Boy are we glad we did. The hotel overall is very tasteful, clean and welcoming. All of the staff, (and I do mean all) were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Particular mention to Pat the receptionist (I think her name is Pat - apologies if I have got it wrong!) who was a joy - it is so important to have a friendly greeting when you first set foot inside a hotel and she had it all but in a totally relaxed and unassuming way and also to the lady who was in charge at breakfast -whose name escapes me - she too was a dream and so friendly. Our room was decorated to the highest standard with the most comfortable bed and the decor (chosen by the owner) was daring but simply modern and classy. Bathroom was beautifully spacious with super spa bath and a separate walk in shower. Attention to detail was excellent and I am VERY fussy!! The next thing to impress us was the food - it was excellent. The quality and the presentation was superb despite the fact that there was a private Christmas party going on at the same time in the larger room. the choices were good and not too expensive - joy of joys, vegetables were not an expensive extra which happens in many places. The waitresses, waiters and bar staff were cheerful and discharged their duties very professionally despite being very busy.
We spoke at length to Andrew Roberts who is the owner and is responsible for the way The Plough looks, behaves and delivers. By his own admission he runs a tight ship and had very high standards - Andrew -as far as we are concerned, you have succeeded - you have a first class place at the Plough and your staff do you proud. It was an absolute delight and privelege to stay with you. Many thanks. We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four star boutique hotel and award winning restaurant set in the beautiful Towy Valley at the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Surrounded by castles and country houses with the National Botanical Garden of Wales and Aberglasney House only minutes away. Enjoy beautiful views from all 23 of our well appointed en suite rooms equipped with everything you would expect for your stay - queen sized beds, free wifi, sofas and disabled facilities - all impeccably serviced with our attention to detail. Why not take advantage of our gym and sauna to unwind and relax during your stay! At the Plough you will be greeted with a traditional Welsh welcome, good food from our varied menu in our award winning restaurant, including gluten free, with excellent wines that can be enjoyed in a warm and relaxed atmosphere served to you with that all important personal touch. Afternoon tea is also available, includes a selection of scones, cakes and sandwiches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your The Plough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Hotel Llandeilo
- Plough Hotel Llandeilo
- The Plough Inn Llandeilo, Wales