“Valentines 2014 at the Plough Rhosmaen”

The Plough Rhosmaen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Paid for the additional Valentines package which was a nice touch. Stayed the night, rooms are very comfortable modern refurbishment with large bathrooms.Views over the Towy Valley.
The important element is the food. As usual it was of a really high standard. Just can't fault it. Lobster was really nice! Also the Welsh breakfast was very good and a change from the traditional English. The staff as always were very attentive and friendly.
Overall very good Value.

2  Thank Martin-carmarthen
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Martin-Carmarthen,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a wonderful review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your valentines stay with us.
We are pleased that you found your room comfortable and modern, all of our rooms benefit from stunning Towy valley views.
I will pass on your praise to my brigade of chefs who work tirelessly to provide rosette quality food, I will also ensure that front of house team are made aware that you found them friendly and professional.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen.

Regards

Andrew

Reviewed March 2, 2014

From 27.2.14 to 1.3.14 we spent our time at the Plough Inn, Rhosmaen, Llandeilo. We enjoyed a first class stay, the cost was extremely reasonable and the room was excellent. The staff were all warm and friendly with everyone helping to make our stay special. The food was to a very high standard and the service tremendous. The Inn is modern and bright, spotlessly clean.We are already planning another visit.

Room Tip: Our room had a magnificent view over some lovely countryside.
2  Thank Gerald M
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff members made your stay very welcoming and pleasant.

I will pass on your kind words to all of my hardworking team, they will take great pride in knowing you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My feelings about this hotel are a bit mixed. The standard of housekeeping and cleanliness are excellent. A lot of money has obviously been invested on fittings and soft furnishings which are bold and modern with a touch of glitz. The raw material of the building itself is quite a challenge. I guess there must be an original core which has been greatly extended over the years, and is now a diffiluct layout to work with. It must be said that it's not a very attractive building from the outside and overall the hotel has a corporate feel - the dining room is cavernous. It would be absolutley fine for business or perhaps family gatherings but doesn't really have the character or atmosphere to suit a romantic break (however the jacuzzi bath is an obvious asset!). Apart from the bar area, which has tables and upright hard chairs, there is no lounge or place to sprawl and relax, which is disappointing. The food was OK, a bit overpriced. I had a very small piece of cod for main course, I would estimate it to be around 3oz maybe 4oz tops of fish. I complained to two of the waiting staff about this, but nothing was done. However, staff overall were pretty friendly. Breakfast was fine, I enjoyed the cockles and lavabread and the bacon was nice and thick, but we could have done with more variety on the buffet table (pastries perhaps?)Because the general standards are good I would be happy to return, but for business etc purposes.

1  Thank Dr G
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Dr G,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review of your recent stay,

I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable, I will pass on your positive feedback to my housekeeping team.

I am happy to inform you that we have started building progress to provide a lounge area for guests to be able to relax in an informal area. We feel that this will greatly improve the environment for guests and diners.
I am sorry to hear that your meal was not sufficient enough for your appetite, I will be talking to my head chef regarding this issue to ensure it does not occur again. Pastries are available to order from our breakfast menu and my breakfast staff would have been more then happy to provide these should you have inquired.

We hope you return to The Plough in the future, where I am sure you will have a more positive experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the plough on business and for three months it was my home.
Having to work away a lot and staying in all the usual large chains i could not get enough of this breath of fresh air.
The Hotel and it's staff made my stay in wales a pleasure and they ALL should be very proud of their commitment to detail.
Nothing was too much trouble and everybody was always cheerful and chatty.

STAFF
ROOMS
FOOD

All five star!

A REAL GEM

I WILL return on pleasure and find time to see the localities

Thankyou for everything

Dave Taylor

Room Tip: ALL rooms are exellent
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dave t
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for a lovely review Mr Taylor!

I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to all of my staff members who will be delighted to hear that their hard work does not go unnoticed.

I am very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen in the near future, hopefully for pleasure rather than business this time.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We received a warm welcome and the room was very pleasant- clean, modern and spacious with a very comfortable bed. What really made the trip special was the quality of service, both in the restaurant and the hotel itself. All the staff we encountered went out of their way to help us and make us feel at home. At dinner in the restaurant, we had a bit of an accident with a dish of vegetables and broke both our wine glasses, which had very little in them but smashed all over our food. The staff immediately came to our rescue, moving us to a new table, re-cooking all of our food and providing us with full glasses of wine at no extra cost. They even apologised to us when it was our fault! I would highly recommend the Plough and would love to stay again. It's just unfortunate it's such a long way away from where we live.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirstenx2014

Thank you for a wonderful review!

I will pass on your kind comments to all of my hardworking team, they will take great pride in knowing you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a superb venue, where the staff are friendly and go out of their way to please everyone. Nothing was too much to ask on our wedding day. The food is outstanding and the accomodation beautiful. The views are stunning and our photos look amazing. All our guests enjoyed their time at the Plough. We look forward to returning for food and a break. Thanks to all at the Plough for everything. I would highly recommend this venue for a break, food and as a wedding venue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review Amy and Martyn!

We are so pleased that you chose to hold your wedding at The Plough, Rhosmaen.
We work very hard to make every bride and grooms day memorable, and we are thrilled that yourselves and your guests enjoyed your special day.

We hope to welcome you back to The Plough soon, and wish you well in your new marriage.

Regards

Andrew and team

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently stayed for one night at The Plough Inn. This was a business trip and something I do at least twice a week in various hotels all around the UK. My main criteria for picking a hotel is FREE ON SITE PARKING, FREE WI-FI in all areas and breakfast included into the price. As this met all of my criteria I was happy and wasn't expecting a great deal more.

What a surprise!....They were busy in the bar and restaurant with both residents and locals so straightaway after a hard day it had a lovely atmosphere. The food was delicious and very good value for the quality.
My room was wonderful, spotlessly clean with tasteful decor. Lovely white bed linen, high spec throughout with Welsh beverages on offer. The staff were very accommodating and efficient.

All in all this hotel is a little gem. After speaking with the owner my understanding is that they regularly re-furbish the hotel keeping it immaculate throughout.

I would definitely recommend The Plough Inn.

Room Tip: I haven't rated the Pool or Spa as I did not get the chance to use them or look at them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and experience with us.I am glad that you liked the comfort of the bedroom. My housekeepers will be happy to hear that their work is well appreciated.

My team of chefs will be glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner. They work very hard to produce quality food from which all ingredients are sourced from local suppliers.

I will pass on your thanks to all my team, as they will be very glad to hear your kind feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough, Rhosmaen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#1 of 1 in Lampeter
Y Talbot
Y Talbot
#1 of 1 in Tregaron

Been to The Plough Rhosmaen? Share your experiences!