“A touch of class”

The Plough Rhosmaen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

As soon as you walk into this hotel you feel you will have a lovely lunch time experience. Everything is immaculate, service first class, food excellent, presentation first class. Portions very generous, we usually have a little parcel to take home.The staff very helpful and pleasant.

1  Thank Sybariticseb
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Sybariticseb,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. My staff work extremley hard to provide a warm and welcoming environment to all our diners.

I will be sure to pass on your message to all of my team who will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

it was one of the best places we have ever stayed the staff were brilliant the food was fantastic the bed is very comfortable and its great area to stay the owner must be proud of his staff will be back

1  Thank Stephen W
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review.

My staff work hard to give each individual guest a warm welcome.

We pride ourselves on our great food, excellent customer service and comfortable rooms. Your kind praise is greatly appreciated and shall be made known to all the staff.

We hope to welcome you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen

Reviewed October 16, 2013

A colleague booked me into this Hotel and promised me it was excellent and that she'd be very surprised if I didn't think it was fab and she was right it was superb.
We went there together after work for a meal, so I checked in and was taken to my room by a member of staff who showed me the way, showed me how the door card worked the electric and made sure everything was ok. I rarely get this in the usual business Hotels where I normally stay where often all you get is a card and a quick glance towards the lift !,
I was very impressed by the room layout, the facilities and the bathroom. The view from this room was over fields, very relaxing and pleasant. Facilities include: iron, ironing board, laptop safe ordinary safe, soap, shampoo and conditioner, coffee tea making with biscuits, hair-drier, lovely wardrobe with a variety of hangers, excellent mirrors and lights. All well thought out and designed. TV Had a wide range of channels which some hotels don't provide and Wi-Fi was free.
Reception staff booked us a table and the Dinner menu was excellent, we found it really hard to choose and both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Staff were attentive and I was surprised how many diners they had on a weekday evening. I must admit I had a quick look at the meals being served to surrounding tables, they all looked delicious and overheard many compliments.
I enjoyed a quiet nights sleep the curtains are lined with blackout fabric and I didn't hear any external or internal noise.
Breakfast was really good. Help yourself juice, yoghurt, cereal, fruits etc with waitress service cooked to order breakfast with a huge choice. It was locally sourced, I had beautiful thick cut bacon, sausages, free range eggs, granary bread but there was a wider choice including smoked haddock............! There was a variety of guests, some like me obviously on business but others were on holiday visiting the area. I'd be shocked if you weren't well catered for whatever the reason for your visit. I will definitely be looking for an excuse to visit the West Wales office again so that I can stay in this wonderful Hotel !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank whatahol
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I am pleased that the reception staff were pleasant and we always endeavour to accompany our guests to their rooms and I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed all the facilities in your room and the hotel. We are very proud of our beautiful setting, as the views are breathtaking, I am glad you thought so too.
I am delighted that you both enjoyed the food. I will ensure that your compliments are passed to my team of chefs. Our food is locally sourced and my chefs are passionate about providing excellent meals for all of our diners.

I hope to welcome you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I give this place 100% for the service the staff give. They are so pleasant. We had a nice room. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. But they have lots of functions so watch out that you inquire if you like to have quiet time. The food wasn't the best. I expect its not all made on sight. The menu is complexed with too much choose and you would need a lot of chefs to produce it all. But its good enough. I would have liked grilled fish rather than messed around fish. I had a salad which was basic. I had to ask for one as salad wasn't an option. And they did accommodate. B'fast was ok ish. The cereal help yourself bit was tired and fresh fruit basic and poor. the cooked bit was fine. The tables at b'fast had to much going on and you couldn't see the wood for the trees with all it had on it!

Room Tip: This hotel has loads of weddings. If you like it quiet then check with them before booking. Get a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonty1960
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that your were impressed with the service that my staff provided I will be sure to pass on your comments, I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your hotel room.

Im sorry to hear that our dining experience did not reach your expectations.
All of your feedback will be taken on board and considered by both myself and my team of chefs, however I can assure you that all food is sourced from local suppliers, and prepared in house, we are a very busy establishment and we do have a large team of 8 chefs.
I will pass on your feedback to the breakfast staff who will endeavour to improve our guests experience, we do already offer an extensive breakfast menu including continental, european, welsh, english and smoked haddock.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at The Plough - we'll definitely return! There was a wedding reception in the hotel during our stay but, though the staff must have been busy, everyone who dealt with us was very helpful and pleasant. Check-in was efficient and the room was lovely - spotlessly clean and a good size. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept in! We ate at the restaurant; our meals were very good, as was the wine, and there was a wide choice of dishes on the menu. Though we were quite late arriving at the restaurant we were given very good service and at no time did we feel hurried. Breakfast was also of a very high standard. We liked Welsh touches such as the Welsh tea and coffee packets, the laverbread and cockles and also the emphasis on local produce. This is a lovely, welcoming place to stay for a relaxing break and we highly recommend it!

1  Thank MAGCaerdydd

Thank you for your lovely review.

Our housekeepers work very hard to keep the rooms to a high cleanliness standard and will be pleased to hear that you found your room immaculate.

My restaurant staff and chefs all work very hard to provide excellent service, and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food. My team of chefs work hard to produce quality and delicious meals, it also helps that the produce is bought in from local suppliers.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights while in the area on business. I booked a single room, expecting just a usual journeyman stay like so many other places. I was very wrong. From the moment I stepped throught the door the staff were absolutely wonderful and helpful, when I got the room I thought it was an upgrade - the single was bigger and far better appointed than most doubles I have used. Quality and cleanliness of room was first rate, the restaurant was notably excellent and the food of a really high quality and delicious. Breakfast was hearty in a very pleasant room, used the small but functional gym, all in all a great stay and if ever I am in the area again will definitely use it again. The only niggle was the patchy (but free) wifi but that is a common issue in most hotels I find. Thanks and compliments to the owners and staff - highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray M
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful response. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Plough.

We aim to offer the full package and are pleased that you were pleasently surprised by our well equipt and spacious rooms.

I will also pass on your kind comments to all of my hardworking team, they will take great pride in knowing you had a great stay.

We do apologise for the temptremental wifi we have recently had our engineers in to fix the wifi and all problems have been rectified.

We hope to welcome you back to The Plough in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

excellent value for money,very good food for dinner and breakfast, very helpful staff polite and friendly, will definately stay again soon.Ample car parking space and fantastic views of surrounding hills and countryside.Two different menus to choose from at dinner, classic and signature both very mouthwatering.Traditional breakfast menu ,continental or a typical welsh breakfast with laverbread and cockles

Room Tip: all rooms are very good,there are stairs to some rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for your brilliant review.

I am pleased you were able to take advantage of just one of our fantastic offers. I am happy to hear you are planning on returning also!

I will pass on all of your feedback to my hardworking staff, they will be very satisfied to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough soon.

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#1 of 1 in Lampeter
Y Talbot
Y Talbot
#1 of 1 in Tregaron

Been to The Plough Rhosmaen? Share your experiences!