“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
yorkshire
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed two nights for a family wedding, and was very impressed. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff from the moment we arrived. Very friendly at reception, lovely room with great views. The wedding organisation was excellent as was the food. Would highly recommend a stay at this popular hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found my reception staff friendly. My staff work hard to give each individual guest a warm welcome.

We are glad you enjoyed the wedding, my are committed to giving all guests a fantastic day as well as the bride and groom. My chefs also work tirelessly to provide a fantastic personalized wedding meal.

We hope to welcome you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen soon.

Regards

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Essex
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here overnight in the Towy Room. It was enormous with a huge bed and very well decorated. The bathroom was simply amazing with a roll top bath and huge shower.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
Food was great. Well cooked, plenty of choice, generous portions and reasonable.
The views from the room and from the terrace are fantastic. I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Towy room was amazing. It is also the bridal suite. Great views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Plough.

I will pass your kind words on to all my staff, they will be very happy to know that you had a lovely time with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Towy Suite, we aim to give everyone a unique stay in our beautiful rooms. I am also pleased that you had a delicious meal. My team of chefs work hard to produce quality food, and it also helps that the produce is bought in from local suppliers.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night with our 8 month old on our way to England.

The hotel is in a small town but we didn't need to leave it...everything was so well catered for. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, and they had provided a comfortable travel cot and soft blankets for our little girl. We had a late lunch on arrival and they happily provided a bowl of mashed potatoes and veg for the baby.
Dinner that evening was really superb. We came down to find that they had set a place for the baby with a high chair already in situ, and heated her dinner for us. Our meal was amazing! I really can't fault it. Service was perfect, down to one of the kind waitresses standing guard at the door of the ladies while my husband changed the baby's nappy!

Breakfast next day was efficient and tasty...delicious butties with Welsh bacon. And again they happily provided eggs for the baby.

Check out was quick and easy. All in all, a fantastic stay. Every member of staff we dealt with was polite and friendly. A real gem. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you your lovely review, I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We pride ourselves on our great food, excellent customer service and comfortable rooms. Your kind praise is greatly appreciated and shall be made known to all the staff.

We hope to welcome you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed overnight for a wedding .The room was beautiful and immaculate ..Lovely decor and a very modern bathroom..The staff were very helpful and nothing seemed to much trouble..It was late afternoon and the bar wasnt opened no problem the receptionist took the helm and pitched in and did a very good job..The food was of a very high standard and they catered exceptionally well for my friend who required a gluten free diet..Lovely buffet in the evening and a very good disco..I have been there at lunchtimes so its also a great place to pop in if your just passing..

Room Tip: No need its a very quiet location in the evenings..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Plough.

I worked hard on getting the rooms just right for our guests and I am glad that you were pleased with yours.

My team of chefs work hard to produce quality food and will be pleased to hear you enjoyed yours.

I will share your kind comments with my team.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip, the hotel is ideal especially for a one night stay if you like quality rooms and a view to match. The staff are very friendly, there is plenty of parking and free wi fi which to me is important. The food is of a good standard, not cheap and portions not large but decent quality. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our staff work very hard to make our guests experience great.
I worked very hard on getting the rooms just right for our guests and I am glad you were pleased with yours. My housekeepers also work hard to ensure everything is immaculate.

Leicester, UK
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I was travelling on my own to a job in West Wales and needed a one night stay at a local hotel. I can't quite remember how I found this hotel's details but I'm so glad I did.
I checked in at 8.30pm and then checked out at 7.30am the next morning so it was a very short stay but I totally enjoyed my time there and would recommend the hotel without hesitation. The room (204) was big, clean and decorated to a high standard and had nice views over the countryside. Shortly after I arrived I went down to the bar intending to just have a snack and a diet coke and then turn in for the night. The menu sounded so nice that my snack ended up being a three course meal, a pint of larger and a large glass of red wine! I went to bed feeling very satisfied as the food was delicious and I had a great nights sleep.
Unfortunately I didn't have time for the breakfast but I'm sure it would have been very good.
The staff at the hotel deserve special mention as they were really welcoming and friendly and I felt very relaxed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Plough.

My restaurant staff and chefs all work very hard to provide excellent service, along with fantastic food.

I will pass on your comments to all my staff members, as they will be pleased to hear that your stay was very enjoyable.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Plough Inn lived up to its high ratings. The room was a good size with an enormous bed and the very latest in bathroom design. The Plough has always been known for high quality food and we were not disappointed. It has lovely gardens and has good views. The staff were extremely helpful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review.

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind praise about our restaurant. It is always good to know that our food was enjoyable as our Chef's work hard to attain the highest standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen.

Regards,

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#3 of 10 in Llanelli
The Dragon Hotel
The Dragon Hotel
#8 of 24 in Swansea

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!