“Just what we needed! Lovely place to stay.”

The Plough Rhosmaen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked the hotel as a last minute deal they had, just wanted to get away to relax. Staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms were absolutely fab! Superb views looking out on the beautiful west Wales countryside, rooms were very clean. Shower was great, nice & powerful and the bed was lush! Queen size that you can sink into. The rooms are also very spacious and modern!! We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was al la carte, it was very good and staff were always at hand if we needed anything. We also used the gym and sauna which was ok. Small but has some up to date equipment and was nice & quiet. Overall we had a lovely time!! Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay. Your kind praise is greatly appreciated and has been passed onto all of my staff. It is always good to know that our food was enjoyable as our Chef's work hard to attain the highest standard.

We pride ourselves on great customer service and hope to welcome you back to The Plough in the near future.

Please visit our website to see our special offers.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been to the Plough on many occasions and have usually enjoyed the food. On this occasion the food was very good, but the ambience was very lacking and cold. Service was poor and the staff seemed to be quite indifferent in their service. The peppermint tea was quite tasteless and very disappointing. I tried to attract the attention of one of the waitresses on three occasions for the bill and on the fourth occasion she responded and she wasn't that busy. I was given a menu when I arrived, but when the other two arrived they weren't given menus and we shared the same menu, no-one on the serving staff seemed to notice that. The music system wasn't very good in that for background music I could hardly hear anything and that lack of background in my opinion spoil the ambience. Would I recommend it - yes for the food but not for anything else. Such a shame. Again with the Plough it seems to vary from "perfection" or "average". The Chef & kitchen staff can be congraulated but not the front of house staff on that particular night. The Plough has a very good reputation locally and I would agree with that in respect of food but not as I have said for the service and standards on that particular Friday night.

Room Tip: Don't know anything about the rooms as I haven't stayed there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your recent visit. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your food - I will pass on your praise to my brigade of chefs.

I am sorry to hear that you found the service and ambience not up to it's usual standard, I hope this has not put you off from visiting us again.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My Wife and I had the oportunity to get away for the night and chose this hotel because we had been there for lunch a few months ago and liked it. We were not disappointed, from the moment we arrived we found the staff welcoming, friendly and professional, anticipating our every need.the room was of generous proportions, tastefully decorated and clean with a wonderful view. Larger than double bed (king/queen size, not sure). Good T.V. And a fantastic shower. The restaurant was spacious and plenty of space between the tables. The food was fantastic with generous portions and well presented, the service was excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience which was neither rushed or that we had to wait too long between courses. On the morning of our departure we decided to stay for Sunday lunch and found the qualities of service and food to be consistent. My Wife and I would like to thank the management and staff for making our stay so enjoyable. I heartily recommend this hotel and we will be staying there again, hopefully for longer next time and take the oportunity to visit some of the local tourist locations.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the ground floor and rear facing with a fantastic view of fields/hills
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review on your recent stay with us - I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed. I will be sure to pass on all your wonderful comments to my staff.

Thank you for your kind praise about our restaurant. It is always good to know that our food was enjoyable as our Chef's work hard to attain the highest standard. We pride ourselves on the quality of the produce that is sourced locally.

Thank you once again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went with work colleagues for an evening meal. It was more pricey than I was expecting so I was uneasy at first, but this soon disappeared when I saw the quality of the food. I ordered the sirloin steak and it was cooked to perfection, and the garlic buttery sauce that came with it just complimented the meal fantastically. it had a nice mixture of class and accessibility in regards to what kind of food and the atmosphere that was present. the drinks were rather pricey however, and the approach of the staff I found to be quite mixed. some were very friendly and helpful, others were a bit short. there were various staff serving our large party though, so it could have down to stress.

all in all I would recommend this to others, but make sure you bring enough cash - they're quite difficult about paying by card individually in large parties (there's no nearby cashpoints, either!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit. I am glad to hear you all enjoyed your meals - our Chef's work hard to attain the highest standard. I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked The Plough Inn at Rhosmaen on a whim and it definitely paid off. The staff are very friendly and cannot do enough to help.

The room was fantastic and very clean; the facilities are not plentiful so be prepared. There is a gym and a sauna (which we did not use): the addition of a pool would be fab!

The food in the restaurant was very nice and relatively average prices though we did the drinks were a bit pricey!

There are numerous gardens, houses and villages to see in the area; we visited The Botanic Gardens of Wales which were brilliant and highly recommend!

All in all a very good find and would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for leaving us a lovely comment.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm equally glad to hear my staff were friendly and helpful towards you.

Please visit our website to see our special offers.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We first reviewed in June 2012 after we stayed using a Groupon voucher and were a little disappointed with certain aspects of the hotel. However we stopped off on our way back from Cheshire in the hope we could make Sunday lunch. It was quite late so I enquired if they were still serving food. The staff were very friendly and helpful and immediately found us a table. We had an amazing Sunday dinner - lots of tasty meat and vegetables followed by mouthwatering desserts. We left feeling very "full" and decided our second visit was certainly much much better than the previous one. We will be back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your recent visit.

I'm always grateful for feedback and I have passed on your kind comments to my staff. It is important to us that you had a great Restaurant experience. We pride ourselves on the quality of the produce that is sourced locally.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The restaurant was disappointing as it resembled a holiday camp cafeteria with curtains screening off some areas, cheap furniture and no atmosphere. The food was fine, but not special and the whole experience felt rushed as if on a production line rather than in a 4 star establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank J0ncas

I am sorry to hear that you did not find your experience with us enjoyable.

We are constantly upgrading our décor to keep in with modern times - we are at the 1st stages of upgrading the bar and dining area.

We are a busy Hotel so I am sorry that you felt it was not an imitate experience. If you would prefer a more relaxed evening with more time between your courses please let the waiting staff know so they can accommodate your requests.

I trust that I have responded to your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#1 of 1 in Lampeter
Y Talbot
Y Talbot
#1 of 1 in Tregaron

Been to The Plough Rhosmaen? Share your experiences!