“Charming hotel and food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cawdor

and 1 more site!
The Cawdor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
“Charming hotel and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I booked a late night getaway for Saturday 9th November. We had a charming room, and booked a table for dinner. Everything as expected for the rating of the hotel, food was delicious, service excellent. There was a band playing which were really good and entertaining. Our room, in the courtyard was very pleasant however one or two gripes. The large bed - 2 together, the gap was annoying. In the morning the water was cold. For the price tag this wasn't really good enough. Good breakfast to follow though.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank b_bstephens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The MTG furnishings, the high quality room fittings, the accommodation is a very impressive standard.

The lobby and bar area are a perfect place for a drink and afternoon bite.

And the restaurant is incredible too - great options, presented and cooked superbly.

Great, friendly staff too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newquay, Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel on business and was wonderfully surprised by the hotel. First impressions from the outside don't quite tell the whole story.
Room was beautiful, stylishly decorated with a large four poster bed, (a bit over the top for your average business traveller like myself, but I am not complaining.
Room well appointed with a lovely view of the surrounding area. TV great easy to access and a DVD player was a great addition.
Bathroom was spectacular, very well appointed and a shower that I wasn't sure whether to walk in or fly!
Service from check in to room service was excellent and the food was brilliant and very sensibly priced which is unusual in hotels of this type.
Walk from the car park to reception was ok but terrible weather made the steps a little slippery but can't blame the hotel for that.
Whole experience was first class would really recommend. Thanks Brilliant!

Room Tip: Only saw one but it was brilliant ask for second floor, last door on the right!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank barry c
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

After discovering my partner had some days off work I decided to see if I could organise a trip or activity as a little treat as she works so hard. As I'm originally from Ammanford in Carmarthenshire I have always heard how pleasant The Cawdor was and how high the quality was also. On inspection of their website-with the high quality in mind-I was expecting an unrealistic option for a weekend getaway due to huge prices. I am happy to say that I was surprised to find my plan for a treat was perfectly affordable thanks to their half price Sunday, where all rooms are you've guessed it half price!
After the subsequent booking and telling the other half, we made our way to Llandeilo. Upon arrival and enquiring, we parked in their car park behind the hotel, and despite some soggy steps into the courtyard we inspected our room. Our room was the 'Talley' suite (each room is named after a castle) which was a lovely surprise as the pictures on the website don't do it justice. The best and biggest shower we had seen with two shower heads, Welsh woollen pillows and bed throw, standard TV/DVD player, two bath robes and a very comfy bed.
Our Sunday lunch was reasonably priced and of a very high standard with restaurant style presentation. A detailed wine list (we had Merlot No.47) and good service was the icing on the cake. Our breakfast the following morning was both Welsh sourced and tasty. Options came in the shape of mini cereal boxes, self made toast with what tasted like home made bread and cooked breakfast/Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and other combinations on the menu (we had the cooked)
After lunch we walked around Llandeilo town to explore the shops. A mixture of charity shops, high end boutique type stores and a lovely local produce shop complimented the main street. The local chocolate/sweet shop 'Heavenly' is definitely worth a visit for fans of chocolate. We decided to have afternoon tea complete with selections of cakes and sandwiches by the fire on one of the many sofa s in the hallway. The ham in the sandwiches was delicious as were the scone, Welsh cake and coffee cake that we inhaled by the fire. The staff were friendly and service was quick. Despite the weather being gloomy the same can not be said of our short stay at the Cawdor, we will hopefully stay again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

It is not the first time I have spent time at this hotel. Very clean,large bedrooms and ensuits,comfortable beds. The food in the restaurant is excellent,cooked on order and the price does not reflect the quality of the food and drink served.Staff were very welcoming.Well worth a visit to this part of Wales.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff,Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

You can eat well at this hotel and the wine list is carefully selected,try number 48,a pinot noir from Patagonia,immense value. But if you want a good nights sleep make sure your room is away from the service duct which appears to run 24/7. I made the mistake of not requesting a room change when we booked in as I thought the hum would subside once the the kitchen closed down. Now with no night porter and a number for emergencies only I find myself writing this review at 2.50 a.m. with little hope of anymore sleep before breakfast. The hum is so loud that even with a pair of Doc's Pro Non Vented Earplugs fitted I still can hear the noise clearly. At over a £100 a night just for the room they should have sorted this out long ago. Let's see what sort of response we get from the management when booking out this morning eh!

Room Tip: If you can hear the services humming in your room,request a change when you book in if you want to s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MikeCardiff_Wales
Court Henry, Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Always use the Cawdors for little get togethers and have always wanted to stay the night here, so for my birthday treat my husband kindly treated me to an overnight stay even though we only live a few miles down the road.. Met up for sunday lunch with my family, had an early start with coffee in front of the fire and then into the restaurant, lovely food we could not fault, beautifully presented and courteously served as usual, then back out in front of the fire, so relaxing that a few of us actually fell asleep, much to my disgust !!!, but there we are , home from home atmosphere.

Our room did not disappoint (Nonni) a lovely warm relaxing room with a stunning bathroom, everything immaculately clean and to the standard i expected. I had one of the most comfortable nights sleep also my husband who never has a comfortable nights sleep as he suffers from a back problem, so much so , i couldn't get him out of there. Breakfast didn't disappoint either, lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Thank you Cawdors .

Room Tip: Need to be fit to get to the top floor !!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Plough Inn
#3 of 10 in Llanelli
Mansion House Llansteffan
Mansion House Llansteffan
#1 of 1 in Llansteffan

Been to The Cawdor? Share your experiences!