“Superb food, excellent atmosphere”
Review of Nosh Brasserie @ 25 - CLOSED

Nosh Brasserie @ 25
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
North Yorkshire
“Superb food, excellent atmosphere”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent food and a fantastic atmosphere. The guys who work there make the experience fun and friendly too. My new favourite restaurant and bar!

3 Thank susiemelsome

Skipton
“Worse than terrible”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This used to be a delightful restaurant attached to the Boutique Hotel.
I was very sad when the restaurant closed, but delighted to find a couple of weeks ago, a notice proclaiming they were again serving food. I phoned and reserved a table for Sunday Lunch.
I was told, "We are now Indian and Fusion."
I reserved.
My three guests liked Indian food and so there was no problem.
We arrived and sat in the beautiful dining room I had so enjoyed in the past. We were alone and it was chilly.
The menu and wine list arrived.
I ordered a standard white £12 50 and we chose our dishes.
We drank the wine but there was no sign of food.
I wandered off in the direction of the kitchen and asked if we could have another bottle.
The waiter brought a selection of 3 telling me that the previous night had drained the stocks.
I pointed to one I knew.
Still no food.
After half way into the second bottle some re-heated chicken arrived, accompanied by a dish that we hadn't ordered.
Some luke warm rice with two ludicrous tiny portions of reheated chicken came for one of my friends who knows Indian food. Her look of horror/amazement would have been funny had I not invited her to this fiasco.
By then we had had enough.
"We will pay for the wine and leave."
To my amazement the wine was more than 2 bottles at £12 50.
Had I been told of the prices of the wines I would have chosen accordingly, but I assumed that when wines are proferred ex-wine list, unless there is a stipulated price, one assumes that the price is comparable with the the previous order.
Perhaps someone could enlighten me if I am wrong.
My daughter stepped in, because I was upset, and they said,
"How much will you pay for the wine?"
We paid £12 50 per bottle and left the restaurant.
I felt very sorry for the gentlemen who were in charge.
I hope I just found them on a very bad day, but from my experience I couldn't possibly recommend this restaurant.
It's a lovely venue and the owners were really sympathetic.
I hope they get their act together.

• Visited September 2012
over_easySkipton, Owner at Nosh Brasserie @ 25, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Fadrienne,
I am sorry for the hear about your experience at Nosh & Nawaab.
I have investigated in this and trust me necessary steps will be taken.

All your feedback is very important to us and this will help us to improve.

I would like to invite you to dine with us again and help us to correct any shortcomings we may have had on this particular occasion.

Hope to see you again.

Yours faithfully,
Staff at Nosh and Nawaab Skipton.
“Nawaab fusion food at Nosh - good for chilli wimps :-)”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

A lovely welcome and super friendly service, the food was good for me but less so for my spice loving boyfriend who found the madras very mild - definitely more fusion than firery!
If you like yours spicy might be worth asking for some extra chilli :-)

Definitely worth the groupon, would go again - cocktail bar down stairs makes it a good girls night out destination!

2 Thank Madijoysmith
over_easySkipton, Manager at Nosh Brasserie @ 25, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Many Thanks for the feedback. Our main objective is to give the real taste of food in Skipton.Hope to see you again.
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Not so good anymore”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Went with relatives as used to be brilliant at previous location but was very disappointed with both food quality and service. Waiter was less than polite.

I am sorry to read about your experience. we have rectified the issues we had with waitress . Give us another chance and i am sure we will not disappoint you again. Hope to see you again. thanks
West Yorkshire
“Pretty good allround”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Good food, nice staff, good service a little pricey though

Visited February 2011