Tripadvisor
Skipton

“Amazing staff and great vegan products”
Review of Keelham Farm Shop

Keelham Farm Shop
Ranked #26 of 146 Restaurants in Skipton
Description: A visit to Keelham is like no other farm shop. With an award winning butchers, Yorkshire deli & produce from over 400 local producers & farmers, you'll find everything you need for the larder & much more - it's a real foodies paradise, includes a Juice bar, and a veggie butchers. You'll also find a Mezzanine level Cafe ( with a lift to boot!) and licenced Restaurant, serving all home made, Yorkshire Produce with a Smile! In our Home Barn you will find beautiful products for your home and Garden, remember to visit our amazing florists too! Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

The staff were so friendly and so helpful. 2 staff were vegan so we had a great chat! Products were wonderful as was the restaurant. Attentive and food was good. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: January 2020
Keelham_Farm_Shop, General Manager at Keelham Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Suzy
Thanks ever so much for your lovely comments! I will pass on your comments to our team members, including those who you had a lovely chat with, they will be most pleased. Hope to see you very soon.
Customer Experience Champion

Write a reviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Had a drive out to skipton and called at keelham farm on the way home. Excellent variety of fruit and vegetables. All very fresh. So much to look at including a gift shop. I could have bought everything. Came away with a selection of cheeses, from hawes creamery. Look forward to our next visit

Date of visit: January 2020
Keelham_Farm_Shop, Other at Keelham Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Morning,
Thank you for your great comments! We are glad you had a lovely experience, i will pass them on to our team members who will be delighted. Our aim is to Make People Smile, and I am glad we have done so! Hope to see you very soon.
Customer Experience Champion.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

The range of foodstuffs is absolutlely amazing. Some of the items are quite expensive however many are very reasonably priced. The quality of the fruit and vegetables was second to none.

Hello Paul
Thanks for your nice comments, we are glad you enjoyed our range of delights! We are especially proud of our produce and recently won an International Green Apple Award for our innovation in ways to reduce food waste, recycle packaging and our Veg Exchange scheme. We hope to see you again very soon .
Customer Experience Champion.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

This is the third time I’ve eaten in the kitchen and I honestly don’t why I bothered coming back again. The staff are utterly incompetent and the food is well below average. We waited 45 minutes for a table which sat cleared for over 15 minutes before we were seated. We then had to ask for the basic requirements such as cutlery, napkins and glasses for our water. Hardly rocket science that if you’re having a drink you need a glass.
The waitress came over to take our order and didn’t say anything just stood there looking at us expectantly. I’m sorry, do your staff not get taught the basics of customer service such as “hello, what may I get for you today?”
Finally we went round the shop afterwards and I was telling a friend how rude the ladies behind the vegan counter had been last weekend when I did my food shop at Keelham; my food shop that cost £90 may I add.
This weeks lovely encounter was a spectacled elderly lady behind the cake counter who not only provided us with absolutely zero customer service but also went out of her way to be rude to us and made a comment about us dawdling as we decided what to choose. There was no line and no one else waiting to be served so it was unnecessary and unacceptable. I can’t imagine behaving like that at my work place towards customers it was outrageous. We ended up walking out and went to do our weekly food shop somewhere else.
That will be the last time I visit and I’ll be telling my friends and family to avoid at all costs until your staff are properly trained and are taught basic manners and customer service. Utterly disgraceful.

Hello Myron,
Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your message. We passed your feedback through to the Keelham Kitchen management team, and they have asked me to pass on their apologies for your disappointing visit. We do have limited seating and when it is busy, it can be a problem, you may be aware we do run a buzzer system where we bring back customers who have already "booked in" and as a result empty tables do seem to be waiting for a while. As for the lack of cutlery and crockery on the tables, I can only apologise further. This is not the service we aim to provide for our customers, and certainly not the usual high standard of service we pride ourselves on. It sounds as though it was a particularly busy day and we hadn't anticipated the extra demand. I will also pass on your feedback to the relevant managers, regarding the other team members disssapoining customer service, as we are always looking for ways to improve. As our apology, we would like to invite you back in for a complimentary meal for you and a friend. Our General Manager, would also like to speak with you too. Please just let me know whenever suits you best, and I will arrange this for you., if you could email help@keelhamfarmshop.co.uk. Apologies once again for your poor experience and our delay in getting back in touch, and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Planned to eat here prior to doing our weekly shop but left shortly after sitting at a table due to loud and inappropriate music assaulting our eardrums. Totally unnecessary in a farm shop. So disgruntled we left without doing our shopping so Keelham lost our business on two counts. Can’t comment on food or service as we didn’t have any. The best music is no music as you will never please everybody due to their diverse tastes. This happens far too often and nobody seems to learn from it.

Hello Nick
Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. I am sorry you have not had a great experience in our shop. I understand your thoughts on it being unnecessary in a farm shop, however we do also have a cafe and restaurant, which is quite commonplace to have some music playing. I also agree you can't please everyone one at all times and sometimes it can be very loud, which is not acceptable. As a result of your comments, we are looking at reviewing our "playlist" and looking to have a much more easy listening sound track. I do hope you will give us another chance and shop with us again.
Kind regards