“Silver wedding suprise”

Calico Jack Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #23 of 162 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at Calico Jack Restaurant we pride ourselves on the ability to provide a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you on every visit. We use the finest ingredients in both our food and drinks to ensure no-one is left hungry and everyone leaves with smile on their face. Our staff always try to prove the most exceptional level of service for you, so if you have any query whatsoever, please don`t hesitate to stop one of us and ask for assistance, whatever it be an urgent request or you`re just having trouble deciding what to eat! We are always happy to help and/or offer advice. Very happy to see families with children, we have a large selection of children menu available all week. Big partys and special occasions ara more than welcome, like birthdays or hen partys, we can seat 45 people in a separated area. So thank you very much for joinig us today, and see yo there on board... Calico Crew
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A celebration surprise from our sneaky children. An excellent greeting from the very friendly who showed to our table decorated very nicely for the occasion.A variety of starters were all tasty and well presented,mains again did not fail to please with the steak and ribs combo being excellent,desserts did not let the meal down being well up to scratch. Over all highly recommended.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

we came here on a whim and enjoyed everything our experience.

i do have to say that we did not expect a great deal as uk tex mex / bbq restaurants 99% of the time don't even understand the type of food that they are trying to serve however Calico jack hit the mark on a number of levels.

we shall deff return just for the pulled pork and chilled beer

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited as a party of nice (including 3 children) after booking in advance - on arrival the welcome was very friendly from the staff and we were seated in the middle of the pirate-themed restaurant on a long table.

Orders were taken efficiently and the food subsequently arrived in good time. I have a few minor gripes about certain things (garlic bread was a little bland, burgers very salty) but on the whole it was a nice meal and the issues I've mentioned didn't tarnish things to the point where I felt the need to mention them. I only do so now as constructive criticism and to share my experience with others.

I hungrily opted for the "Jack Sparrow" burger which is a double - aside from the salty taste (perhaps part of the theme of being at sea?) it was nice enough. Too big to eat as a burger but easy to dismantle. Fellow diners opted for steak and ribs and I became rather envious after trying some of the rib, very tender and well seasoned with lots of meat on them - a definite for next time.

All in all a nice experience, generous portions and good service - just one note, walking in and out past the outdoor seating means you have to swim through a fog of cigarette smoke, tables near the door should be non-smoking to help contain this in my opinion.

1  Thank happytapeworm
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Bar and restaurant, opened at 5pm on a friday, we turned up at 9.15pm to be abruptly told by a waiter "we are closed". No explaination, no apology. Disgraceful. Shall not be trying again. Plenty of dining in Skipton who do want your business.

5  Thank stuart w
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Three of us went to eat at Calico Jacks. We have been before but never written a review so I felt it was about time I did. My stepdaughter and I had meals from the early bird menu. She had a pizza which she really enjoyed (took half home in a box.) I had the pulled pork sandwich which was melt in your mouth delicious. My husband had the barbecue ribs and he declared it one of the best meals he has ever had - he cleared his plate. We had a couple of cocktails which made a change to the usual drinks and as it was before 7pm they were half price.The service was very good and I think the owner has got it spot on as he was attentive but not overbearing. We are looking forward to our next visit already.