“Great Food”

Calico Jack Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #23 of 157 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at Calico Jack Restaurant we pride ourselves on the ability to provide a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you on every visit. We use the finest ingredients in both our food and drinks to ensure no-one is left hungry and everyone leaves with smile on their face. Our staff always try to prove the most exceptional level of service for you, so if you have any query whatsoever, please don`t hesitate to stop one of us and ask for assistance, whatever it be an urgent request or you`re just having trouble deciding what to eat! We are always happy to help and/or offer advice. Very happy to see families with children, we have a large selection of children menu available all week. Big partys and special occasions ara more than welcome, like birthdays or hen partys, we can seat 45 people in a separated area. So thank you very much for joinig us today, and see yo there on board... Calico Crew
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well I went for my birthday and i have to say I was surprised. Everyone was so friendly and they let you take your time before ordering because there's so much on offer. Even if your a picky eater there will be something for you. The food portions were huge and good value for money and the service we recieved was great. We'll definately be back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Decided to try this place. It was a really good choice. Plenty of things on the menu to choose from. The beef and chicken fajitas were very nicely presented and cooked really well on skillets. Nice selection of accompaniments in little bowls. Drinks priced at pub prices which was rather a surprise. However ,thought the puddings were overpriced. Will be going again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Visited this week with friends. Good menu and a wide choice. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. The service was quick but went down hill after our mains. They took twenty minutes to ask if we wanted deserts by which point we'd changed our minds and didn't ask if we'd like more drinks or the bill. The music didn't match the theme of the place.
The low for me where the ladies toilets which were the worst I have seen in a restaurant. The toilet wall was exposed to wires and electrical boxes all full of bugs and cobwebs. They were not clean and there was a baby changer on top of a washing machine. Noticed then back at the table loads of cobwebs-not nice!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hi,

after visiting Calico Jacks pretty much once a week for the last 6 months I thought I'd better write a review. I think I have just said all I need to there - I probably will go every week for the next 6 months! The food is sublime and the service is excellent. I have never had a bad experience!

The best restaurant in Skipton by far, and an independent restaurant that deserves to be a great success!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We found Calico Jacks here on TripAdvisor and read some raving reviews and thought we'd give it a try. Turned out to be even better than expected! We went on a thursday, so it was quite a quiet evening. The staff and atmosphere was so welcoming, the decor was rustic yet stylish (themed but not OTT) and even great music! Wide choice of beers at decent prices - I had a Corona (£3.35) and my boyfriend had a draught Peroni (£3.95) and an even wider range of coctails! :)
We ordered the sharing platter for two (£30), as we'd never been before, and it was lovely! As mentioned in a few previous reviews, it was a massive portion and we only just about managed 3/4 of it (had to force myself to put the fork down as I couldn't fit another morsel in). It would easily have fed three, if not four! We would probably have preferred the portion, and subsequently the price, to be a third less.. But absolutely not complaining!
We'll be coming back for Happy Hour (mon-fri, 5-7 pm - coctails from £2!!) soon, and to try the rest of the (huge) menu, and possibly even a dessert :)
Highly recommended!