Chinthurst B&B
$154
Hotels.com
$186
$167
The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
$128
$83
$81
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just back from a 2 night stay at the lovely Chinthurst B & B. Every thing was great from the room which was clean and comfortable to the excellent breakfast,t could not ask for more, Skipton is a nice town to visit lots of shops and pubs ( bar meals were good) Can recommend a walk through Skipton woods about an hours gentle stroll will refresh you ( we saw a Kingfisher which made our day) Would defiantly like to return.

Room Tip: we were in the annex which was very quite,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a overnight stay for my birthday.The b&b is outstanding and I would recommend it to everyone.The Market town of Skipton is a lovely place to explore with quaint shops,we had enjoyable stay and hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Yorkshire Pride : Cleanliness of the Highest Order.

Managed in an efficient and attentive manner. Accommodation quality lived up to expectations with Cleanliness of the room and house interior of the highest order. Breakfast was amazing with a wonderful variety of breads, jams, healthy (muesli, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoked salmon et on) and unhealthy (full Yorkshire breakfast et on) eating options, all abundantly laid out in the delightful conservatory and old dining room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Front of the Building Offer most scenic views of Skipton Town.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We just stayed for one night on our journey through Yorkshire but pleased to say that we had a lovely stay at the Chinthurst. The hotel is in an ideal situation to wander into Skipton on foot and leave the car behind. Set back from the road the hotel is one of those lovely stone buildings which kept the bedroom cool on a very hot day. We had a large twin room, very comfortable beds and top quality bedding. Bathroom was well fitted and modern and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent with good range of quality ingredients. The only down side for us was being woken at 01.45 am with the guest upstairs continuously walking up and down the bedroom opening drawers. This went on for an hour!!! Bizarre - maybe it was a sleepwalker! Host Hazel was delightful and very helpful. Would recommend this hotel with confidence to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the house, if you are easily disturbed by traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here recently as a family in 2 rooms. An overall pleasant stay but there were some issues. Nice big house, and nice dining room. Our double room was pleasant overlooking the front garden, and was spotlessly clean. My daughters' room was No. 2 on the ground floor at the back which smelt a bit damp when I first went in but disappeared after a while. This was also spotlessly clean.

What concerned me most was the abrasive manner of the lady owner at breakfast. When taking our order we were told that they serve "normal" tea at breakfast, and that my daughters had asked for "funny" teas (this was peppermint and green tea). I think at £90 a night per room this was not an unresonable request. I asked for Early Grey which was fine. The menu states that a full Yorkshire breakfast was available listing the items, ie egg, bacon, mushrooms etc, or any combination of items listed. We asked for specific items from the full Yorkshire, to which the lady owner tutted, gave a loud sigh, and said right, I'll go and get my pad. We looked at each other in disbelief. I think the lady realised that had been out of order, and did her best to be friendly after that.

The next morning, my husband was the only one who ordered the full Yorkshire. I would never make criticism of a family business normally, but I think this mannerism needs to be addressed.

The breakfast incident did not feel like friendly banter, and we were left feeling as though we had been too much trouble. I have to say this tainted our enjoyment of the stay at Chinthurst, and I would not go again for this reason.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family