“Excellent stay at High View Cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
The River Aire runs through the Village and provides a perfect place for an enjoyable walk.
The front of the Cottage includes a private patio with great views in the distance. Fantastic open plan Living Area to ensure the holiday cook is not excluded!  Well equipped kitchen.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Large flat screen TV enables you to relax and unwind indoors.
The master bedroom enjoys the best vies overlooking the Aire Valley. Incl TV and plenty of storage.
Bedroom 2 has a view overlooking unspoilt hillside.
Patio Area
View in the distance from Bedroom 2 and the landing area window
View of Cononley from one of the many stunning walks surrounding the village.
The New Inn.  Our local pub serving traditional pub food Wednesday - Sunday
Cononley Park.  A fantastic play area for children of all ages.  Includes a sand pit and skate park.
Cononley Post Office.  The store sells a variety of goods from alcohol and toys to fruit & Veg.
Cononley Train Station with High View Holiday Cottage visible in the background.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mayday515
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
Reviewed October 11, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The cottage was very clean, but sadly the view from the front of the cottage was from the bedroom, downstairs you are looking at roofs and chimney pots. The patio overlooks the houses below and you feel you are looking into their living room. The cottage could do with a few homely touches it seems soulless, when downstairs you are looking at a wall with a television on over the dining table from the other settee you are facing kitchen units the window is at the back of you, we would say a car is necessary as the cottage is up a rather steep hill, and the walk to the village and railway station is rather a long walk

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Oct 12, 2015
I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. I would urge any potential guests to look at the pictures in our listing as these clearly show what the Cottage is like. I feel confident that there are sufficient furnishings to provide a homely touch as our aim is to look clean and modern, as opposed to chintzy. If you prefer old fashioned this is definitely not the place for you!

As to whether a car is necessary this depends entirely on the guests. We’ve had lots of guests stay who arrived by train. A large proportion of our guests also choose to leave their car at the Cottage and utilise the train. My daughter has walked to school and back since she was 3 and this is further from the Cottage than either of the pubs or the park. I can walk to the pub and train station in 5 minutes, though I walk fast, so I always advise guests it’s a 10 to 15 minute walk. I agree though that the Cottage is up a steep hill so may not always be suitable for all guests. The parking space is however directly outside the Cottage porch on a flat area. Also, I pushed a double buggy up the hill when I was heavily pregnant so if you have a good level of fitness you’ll find it a doddle!

I’m really proud that out of the 53 Reviews we’ve received 51 are 5 out of 5, 1 is 4 out of 5 and this is our lowest at 2 out of 5. Unfortunately I think you had unrealistic expectations. I received £230 for a four night booking for four people. I believe that less than £15 per person per night is fantastic value for the standard of accommodation we offer.

I would advise you examine a property listing in more detail in future and wish you all the best in finding somewhere you enjoy.
a h
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at High View Cottage”
Reviewed September 14, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Great 3 nights stay at High View Cottage, the cottage is of a very high standard, very clean and very well equipped for a self catering stay. Gemma the owner was very helpful with information before we arrived and when we were there. We strongly recommend at stay here.
David & Andrea.

MDHasting...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect location - quiet but close to everything we wanted to do”
Reviewed July 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My wife and I sought a quiet cottage in North Yorkshire, with easy access to Skipton, York, and cycling in the Dales. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, and a shor walk to the Cononley Train Station gave us a break from driving and got us wherever we wanted to go. There is only one pub serving meals in the village, but it is a friendly place with good food. The guest book provides recommendations for other excellent pubs nearby.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Outdoor seating was nice, but on a paved surface - a spot in the garden would have been even nicer.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Judith S
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed July 6, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at this peaceful location with wonderful views for a week in June - we would like to have stayed longer. The cottage was spotlessly clean, well equipped and with the most comfortable beds. Some cottages we have stayed in have had very poor internet connection but this was not the case here, we were able to keep in touch with our family as well as download the newspaper every day.
Although we had a car we preferred to use the train from the village station where you can easily reach Skipton, Saltaire, Bradford and Leeds. From Skipton you can catch a train to several destinations - a highlight being on the Settle to Carlisle line passing through well maintained and attractive village stations and travelling over the famous Ribbleshead Viaduct.
There are walks from the cottage and also if you go back up to the main road by car you can park in the layby then scramble up the bank to reach the canal footpath which you can walk on all the way to Skipton.
Thank you to Gemma for being a great owner, there if you needed her but otherwise you were not aware that she lived next door.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Management Response
Jul 5, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the sofas in the lounge comfortable. I do agree that leather sofas do not always provide the same level of comfort as fabric ones. However, I love the fact I can thoroughly clean them upon every departure and it would be impossible to provide the same level of cleanliness with fabric sofas. Also, I must stress to potential guests I am not excusing uncomfy sofas!! I don't find them at all uncomfy but appreciate that everyone is different! Another thing to point out is that we've had several guests stay without a car as they have used the regular train service as their mode of transport. Again, this wouldn't work for everyone though many of our guests come in their car and still use the train service.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Gareth B
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent reviews for a good reason!”
Reviewed June 16, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Stayed here with my wife and another couple for a week. Hhad a lovely stay. The cottage is very well maintained, appliances all work (3 TVs, good internet, kitchen appliances etc all very clean and comfortable. Great views front and back with a short walk 5 mins, to super pub, Chinese take away etc. Gemma the owner was delightful and made booking etc easy. A great place to stay...Skipton 15mins, Harrogate, The Dales, Bolton Abbey....we had a great time. Highly recommended!

Traveling group: Friends

Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing