“What a find!”

The Castle Inn
Ranked #12 of 151 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Choose from six cask conditioned, well kept ales. The only pub in Skipton to always keep Theakson’s Old Peculier, plus a warming Dark Mild. Delicious homemade food – two meals for £10 at lunchtime 11.00 until 2.30. Sandwiches, baguettes and jackets for the perfect working lunch and evening meals 5.30 until 9.00. A warm and friendly welcome from Calvin and the team, at the top of the High Street next to the Church and the castle.
“What a find!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited Skipton for the first time today and by chance called in for lunch at the Castle Inn. We had our order taken at the table for food and drinks which makes a pleasant change. The bangers and mash with seasonal vegetables I ordered was fantastic home cooked food at its best. I would certainly recommend and would call again

“Excellent”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The staff were lovely and friendly very attentive. The food and beer was great one of the best pints of old peculiar we've had in a while. Congratulations to the new owner it's great .

1 Thank Tinatetley
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ten of us had a lovely lunch there yesterday to celebrate my birthday.

We all had something different from both the 2 for £10 menu and the standard menu. The quality of the food was good and tasty and will definately return when in Skipton.

My friends old neighbours who live there said they would definately go in more often.

The table was ready when we got in and the staff were great and very attentive.

Good choice of local beers too.

• Visited December 2012
cumbria
“food arefull”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

hi we went to the castle inn pub on sunday the 24 nov the services was very slow and we orded a sunday lunch roast beef and my partner had the liver and onins when the food came 5 minites later it was that quick all warmed u in the mirowave the liver was raw in the middle and still pink my beef dinner was cold i got roast potoes that were over cokked poor quaikltey beef need a steak knife to cut and the carrotes were still in the pile and cooked the green beans were raw so when they came over to us i told the waitree this then we went to get the bill the owner of the pub i did not get him name tred to charge us for the meals we sent back saying thr liver was cooked and there nothing wroung with the food i refused to pay for poor quailtey food and offerd to pay for my drinks he said get out of my pub so we did and i will never go there again

• Visited November 2012
6 Thank sarah1971Cumbria
CharlieCastle, Owner at The Castle Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Usually, I make a conscious effort not to reply to any of our reviews on Tripadvisor, as I believe it is the customer's right to express their opinion. As you can see from our reviews so far, we have positive and negative reports.

But you, madam, were something else! I cannot help myself not to reply!
In all of my years running pubs, I have never met anybody quite as rude as you!
You upset four of my staff and both of the tables next to you.

The liver that you ordered was pan-fried rather than braised, which I did try and tell you when I came over to your table (although, according to you, I didn't)

You also failed to mention on Tripadvisor that you were heavily intoxicated, to the point where I actually refused to serve you! And that that was the actual reason why I asked you to leave my premises!

It seems to us that the sole purpose of your visit on that Sunday was to try and get a free meal for you and your partner, which you managed to achieve, simply because we couldn't wait to get you out of the door, your attitude was like something of a child throwing a tantrum!

Although, after your embarrassingly misspelt 'review' we can come to at least one pleasant outcome, as you said, you will never be coming back to our hostelry... We are all equally as happy never to see you again.

Thank you.
Isleworth, United Kingdom
“Everything you could want from a pub”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a treat,we were made to feel very welcome by the landlord and the locals.The bar menu is very extensive and good value We took advantage of the 2 meals for £10 deal which was freshly cooked with local produce and served hot! The staff were all friendly and helpful.The range of Theakston's beers were all well kept,including the wonderful Old Peculier.

• Visited November 2012