“Sunday Carvery ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This is quite new but well worth a visit - we chose sirloin of beef which was cooked to perfection served with home made Yorkshire pudding and lots of beautiful fresh vegetables - the cost Was £11.95 and worth every penny - I was upset that we couldn’t manage the sweet as there was a lovely selection but we were so full.

1  Thank MAGS192

Reviewed January 6, 2018

We were travelling from out of country and hoped to be there before 2pm to meet family for a late lunch. We were delayed however the staff advised this was not a problem and would accommodate us whenever we arrived.
The food was hot, tasty and great value
We made two trips to The Gamekeepers for meals and were never disappointing with the food or service

1  Thank David S
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

I cant talk about the food as we never got sat down. This happened 3 weeks ago but my review did not submit so I am writing this again.
Turned up at 7pm as we were passing through to our caravan on another site. The bar was busy with only one couple eating in the resturant. We asked if they had a table for 2 and a young polite waitress said we should have. However, the older lady said no we are fully booked. I explained we would be quick as we were just passing through. The younger waitress pointed in their book saying what about that table and I could see this table was booked at 9pm so in 2hrs time. The older waitress said you can have that but only for 45minutes (how much mess did they think we would leave if they needed 1hr15 to tidy our table).
I have never been to a pub where I have been spoken to like that. I felt discriminated by my age as we are both 36 and were alot younger then customers in there that night. I cant understand it I am a teacher my partner has their own business so we are decent people and were dressed like everyone else in there. Even the dogs got better seats then us its laughable. Anyway went to the Devonshire Arms and had a lovely meal there instead.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My wife and I enjoyed several great meals at The Gamekeepers while staying at Long Ashes recently. The service and atmosphere in the conservatory restaurant was very good and the food was excellent and great value. Their "themed" evenings (steak night, curry night etc.) were superb and well worth a try.

1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic service from Sara who made out booking special, Awesome food, just so delicious and presented so beautiful, very good value, tasty and lovely ambience. There was a wedding on whilst we were dining, how the Chef managed to cater like he did for the whole evening - no idea! Wedding didn't overtake the place, kept separate but also looked stunning from a distance will definitely be back time and time again! Thank you very much x

1  Thank Jill H