“good value for money.”

Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Skipton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Visited several times. Food portions are generous, served hot and are excellent quality and value. Service is prompt and friendly.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stumbled across this lovely place several years ago and have been coming back regularly ever since. We have never experienced a bad meal here. The food is always freshly cooked, piping hot and very tasty. The portions are large and the service is excellent. As a matter of fact, my wife and I had a meal there on Saturday which was delicious. Keep up the great service, we will be back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Always good wholesome food for a very low price. Ideal for a good healthy lunch when shopping. Portions just right - perfect

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My partner and I stumbled accross this sorry little place late one Wednesday and were hungry having had no lunch by 14.30!
The signs and blurb said home made food available. Like most Yorkshiremen I love pies...!
I selected steak and kidney and was looking forward to some pastry!
What a huge dissapointment...the pie crust was soggy and the filling very scant, my partner (a healthy Southerner) had fish which was cold
I asked the waitress for his meal to be heated up, it was, have you ever had micro waved battered fish! Yuck!
Needless to say, we will not be returning
I see from other reviewers that portion size and roasts are favoured, well I guess if you value quantity over quality...this place scores well!

DalesCottage, Owner at The Dales Cottage Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Dan T,

As the owner of Dales Cottage Cafe I am very sorry to hear that you think this of our business. Firstly I would like to ask what date roughly you visited the cafe as I am always there myself and there has been no complaints of anything to do with a fish etc?
Also we do not sell Steak and Kidney pie and all our pies are homemade, and with regards to the fish, we batter the fish fresh to order and it is then fried for at least 6 to 8 minutes therefore it couldn't have been cold, and if it had then we certainly wouldn't microwave it to 're-heat' it , it would be put back in the fryer or a fresh fish would have been cooked for you.

We are very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory meal at our cafe and would like to hear from you to apologise.

Thankyou

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Dales Cottage Cafe is now the only place I eat when visiting Skipton and has been for the past few years. The food is always excelent both in quality, quantity and value for money ( the portions are always large!!!)
Last week I visited Skipton with my son, daughter-in-law & granddaughter who are from Poole, Dorset, they were as impressed as I always am with the food and the service. The staff are always extra helpfull and I would like to say thank you to them all for makeing our visit special.