“Fantastic once again!!!!!!!”

The Craven Heifer
Ranked #10 of 33 Skipton B&B and Inns
“Fantastic once again!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Having been to this establishment on more than one occasion we decided to take a number of our friends. Some of whom are fussy eaters. They were absolutely blown away by the friendliness of the staff and how they were made to feel so welcome on a very busy Sunday afternoon. We ate in the main bar area and all I can say is wow once again. The lady who took our order from our fussy eaters was so obliging and nothing seemed too much trouble. I personally had carvery as I had spotted someone on the next table tucking into one and I must say it was the best I have eaten. Our party were hugely impressed by everything the craven heifer offers as a package and no doubt we will all be back very soon.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
west yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hadnt been to the Heifer for quite a while so when returning from " bandit country " ( Lancashire ) we decided to call for tea on our way to Ilkley. We were not disappointed. Great atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff. We had the fish and chips, loved the light batter. Had to refuse the sweet trolley, no room to spare to accommodate it. There is an extensive menu and a specials board as well. Visited on a Friday tea time when the local estate workers were gathering so the bar chat added to the good atmosphere

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Keighley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Mr and Mrs Davis always have excuses as to why things go wrong and believe me things DO go wrong. I wrote to Mr and Mrs Davis in January with my concerns about my company christmas lunch which was at the Craven Heifer. To date I have not had the courtesy of their reply. They do not deserve to be supported by local businesses or local residents, ignorant and arrogant spring to mind.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Judith334
johndSkipton, Owner at The Craven Heifer, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
This lady came on a Christmas do with her firm. All the other employees loved the food but she complained that she didn't have cauliflower cheese.

She is clearly mentally unstable and not welcome at the Craven Heifer. I have spoken to her colleagues at Brooksbank valves whom informed it was enjoyable lunch and to take no notice of her.

As I refuse to answer her emails she is usiing trip advisor to carry out a vendetta which clearly breaces trip advisors guidelines.
Bromsgrove
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Having experienced a pleasant stay at this establishment, whilst visiting relatives in the locality, in October last year, spending in access of £250 over the two nights we were there, we thought we would spend another couple of nights this weekend.
I spoke to the landlord to establish the rates and advised that I would confirm within the 2 hours after consultation with my sister, who was joining my partner and I.
I duly phoned back to confirm the booking and my call was received by the landlord's wife. She confirmed the details I had left, confirmed the dates and room rates and asked me for a £30 deposit to confirm the booking.
I was then accused of carrying on a conversation with a third party whilst talking to her and thus creating "confusion". When I tried to explain I had spoken to no one the lady exclaimed that "there must be cossed lines" and then told me to "forget the booking" and hung up.
AMAZING behaviour.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Valerie L
johndSkipton, Owner at The Craven Heifer, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
You rang us up to book and conducted a conversation with a third party at the same time we were trying to help you. You did not stay with us and we can't really see any point to your review. I think facebook is better suited to your comments.
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Our rambling group of 50 ate here again and the quality is excellent. I'm not a fan of carveries but this is exceptional value and quality and the waiters and staff are all friendly. Well worth £8.95.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mike D
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the Craven Heiffer Inn for one night on the 19th January. We were eating at the Burlington Restaurant at Bolton Abbey in the evening and wanted somewhere to stay afterwards. The landlord was very friendly, chatting to us on arrival and showing us to our room. The room was a decent size with a nice view and a comfortable bed. The heating was a bit of an issue; we were staying during the snowy weather and our radiator wasn't very warm or efficient at heating the room as it was under the window! We were therefore very cold! There was ample tea and coffee provided and the shower was hot although not very powerful. We unfortunately had noisy neighbours who kept us awake during the night. The breakfast was average, toast, croissants and a selection of cereal and fruit. The breakfast staff were pleasant and provided tea and coffee.
Would recommend, a pleasant place to stay for a small budget and the room etc reflected the price paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lauren_bailey23
Swinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I have just spent the night at this Inn on a Special Valantines deal. The evening meal consisted of Canapes , a 3 course evening meal with coffee and chocs to finish. It was absolutely gorgeous food and the portions were huge. We stayed in room 12 for our overnight stay which was very clean but we feel the bathroom needs a little TLC. This morning we were met with a beautiful cooked breakfast, too much for me to handle but even the greediest person could not complain about the quality or amount of food on offer. The chef is called Mick and if I was Angela or John (the owners) I would chain him to the cooker so he couldn't escape!!! All in all it was an excellent buy off e bay and we would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skipton
Rendezvous Hotel
Throstle Nest Farm Bed and Breakfast
The Unicorn
The Unicorn
#4 of 33 in Skipton

Been to The Craven Heifer? Share your experiences!