“Huge portions!”

Oakley's Grill & Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 149 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Huge portions!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

You definatley won't leave here hungry! We had two sharing platters to start between 5 of us, which came with a huge basket of bread, and then the mains themselves are even bigger- the calzone is about 2 feet across! Needless to say nobody managed to finish their meal, but they were happy to box it up for us. The 6.50 early bird deal is amazing value considering the size of the portions! It's great that you get so much, but when only half of each meal is finished you do wonder if they should just do smaller portions and save themselves some money! Service was pleasant but could be a teeny bit more attentive, a couple of times we were sat with empty glasses trying to catch someones eye for a good while!

• Visited December 2012

Skipton
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A great place for a relaxed evening out. Good food, courteous staff and a lively atmosphere. Have eaten here many times and never been dissappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
“Relaxed & Friendly, Great Food!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been here with my teenage Son's on a number of occasions, I have never booked and it is always really busy but the friendly staff usually manage to find us a table. The food is always really good & as described on the menu. My only crtiticisim would be that it is often difficult to attract the younger staff members attention to get a drink, but having said that I have never gone without!
All in all a very relaxed, child/young person friendly restaurant. Go and enjoy it for what it is :)

• Visited July 2012
Skipton, England, United Kingdom
“Great food and plenty of it”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was our latest visit, which is the first time we have taken the kids, eat for £1 on a Sunday, great deal. We have been to Oakleys with friends on several occasions and have never had a bad meal. One of our fav places to eat in Skipton.

• Visited November 2012
“Good size portions for money !”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have visited this restaurant many times and have to say I have always been satisfied. They have changed the design and the content of the menu since i last visited in September and it really nice although think bit too many different chicken burgers. My only complaints are that all tables are real close together I kept banging into chair behind me, the calzone although is massive I would advise anyone to share the filling it is all in the middle so either side is just pastry and that my partner was disappointed with his peppercorn sauce it was quite watery and bland. Overall well done look forward to seeing u again in a few weeks time for my works do