“Quality with smile”

The Bull At Broughton
Ranked #20 of 164 Restaurants in Skipton
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Bull at Broughton has long been one of Yorkshire's landmark pubs...famous as much for its hospitality as it is for its beautiful location. We harvest the finest, freshest seasonal ingredients from the pick of local artisan suppliers, and create a menu inspired by tradition but influenced by contemporary twists. Menus are inspired by only the freshest ingredients harvested by our local food heroes. Enjoy regional Cask Ales and an award winning wine list specially chosen by leading wine expert, Craig Bancroft. The Bull is full of atmosphere, character and charm, but above all its relaxing, with al fresco dining in the summer and crackling log fires in the winter.
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We called here on a day out trying out our new car. It was our second visit since it became one of the Ribble Valley Inns group and we were not disappointed.
The welcome is friendly, the eating areas are warm and inviting with open fires and photographs of the people who supply the great quality ingredients that make up a well thought out and wide ranging menu.
I had the black pudding hash cake with a delicately poached egg to start whilst my wife enjoyed the best prawn cocktail she has tasted. I had the venison with daufinoisse potatoes and my wife had the hunters chicken skewer. It was all beautifully cooked and presented. The waiting staff were friendly and enthusiastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.
Well kept craft ales and a good selection of wines are on offer but as we were driving we weren't able to do an in-depth review of what was on offer.

General M, General Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Hi Philip, what a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, the team and I really appreciate your comments. Hopefully when you next pop in you'll be able to sample our real ales and wine on offer. Look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here on the way back from the lakes, for a Sunday lunch, what a find!

Highly recommend the black pudding starter, cooked perfectly.

Thank you so much for leaving your comments and your five star rating. The Black Pudding starter is a recent addition to our menu and is also one of my favourites! I do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon where the team look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

I was taken to the Bull for lunch by business associates and my goodness it was a real treat. The staff were professional, friendly and attentive with the food and drink order taken quickly. When the food arrived I was not disappointed with taste, presentation or portion size. I chose the gammon steak with poached egg and my goodness it was outstanding. I cook a lot and like cooking but definitely cannot poach eggs like the chef at the Bull......and I poach a lot of eggs!!! Overall the experience was just lovely and I would definitely return either for business or pleasure. Thanks again The Bull at Broughton for making my visit to the area a culinary treat that complimented a successful business meeting.

Hi freedom foodies, what fantastic feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. I have passed your comments on to the whole team who are delighted. I do hope you get the opportunity to return soon for either business or pleasure, where a warm welcome awaits. Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed nearby this restaurant on holiday, and stumbled upon this place. It was great! The food was lovely, the kids meals were also brilliant. The kids didn’t leave a morsel, and that’s saying something! Roaring fire, nice and clean.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review and feedback. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and the kids ate every morsel. I do hope you come in and see us when you're next in the area. Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Came here on a very cold day. received a very warm welcome. staff very attentive but not too much. lovely cosy log fire. we ordered cheese and onion pie and was told it takes 25mins so did we want some nibbles. the cauliflower fritters were lovely and crispy. when the cheese and onion pie with chips (made in dripping) arrived it was huge. individual side plate sized pies. we couldn't finish it all but it was beautiful. certainly be back.

General M, General Manager at The Bull At Broughton, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Hi Caz, thank you so much for your lovely review, the Team are thrilled. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and were able to warm up next to our cosy fire. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paul Morris, General Manager, 01756 792065