“Top Fish & Chips”

Ranked #5 of 157 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: No visit to Skipton and The Yorkshire Dales is complete without tucking into the award winning fish and chips served at Bizzie Lizzie's of Skipton. Bizzie Lizzie's, located at Swadford Street is a firm favorite with the locals and those coming from far and wide. Whether you choose to eat in our restaurant or buy from our take away you will find the same great atmosphere, friendly service and great tasting Fish and chips that have given Bizzie Lizzie's its great reputation... Don't just take our word for it, come and see for yourself. Love Fish and Chips...Love Bizzie Lizzie's Restaurant: Mon - Sun 11am - 9pm Takeaway: Mon - Sun 11am - 11.30Pm
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We came here a few years ago and whilst in Skipton today tried it again. Just as we remembered, lovely, one of the best Fish & Chip meals we have had in ages. All cooked fresh to order, so it was lovely and hot, the fish was chunky and pure white.
Service was quick and all the staff were very friendly.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I visited yesterday with a friend and ordered fish and chips with tartare sauce. My companion ordered fishcake. My companion was pleased with her meal, but sadly my fish let the whole experience down. Although the restaurant was busy my fish gave the impression of having been under hot lights for some time. It was rather dry and a little overdone for my liking. Chips were good though, and our pot of tea for 2 was enough for 4. The staff were friendly and service was quick, but sadly I was disappointed purely because of the fish.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Struggle to believe some reviews, I only get there once or twice a year as I live 180 miles away. Service & food great every time, the haddock is especially good, Bizzie's is clean & comfortable always top of my list of places to eat when I'm anywhere near Skipton

Reviewed December 3, 2013

having been to lizzies since first opening, always went out of my way to go there it was so good! And recomend to every one. Went today, how massively standards have dropped!!!! Awfull, anouther example of expanding and standards falling. How dissapointing.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Love this place. SOOO hard to walk past. Quality whether you dine in or take away and always consistent. Forget greasy and soggy as all is fried in the right gear and at the right temperature. This results in lovely rich crispy batter and armadillo chips (crispy on the outside and soft in the middle). Don't forget to ask for scraps, forget the waistline.