“amazing local food”

Rhubarb Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #33 of 149 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: British, French, European, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Taste the Yorkshire Dales with delicious dishes at Rhubarb!Using seasonal, local produce wherever possible gives our dishes the quality and freshness that makes them so delicious. Offering modern British cuisine with a Yorkshire twist and sourcing seasonal ingredients gives you the very best menu throughout the year. Relax, unwind and enjoy home-cooked food in the candle-lit setting complimented by a large wine list,fine cask ales and friendly staff to complete the perfect dining experience.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“amazing local food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Fantastic quality of food served by warm welcoming staff. A great range of food too which will suit everyone and there homemade pies are to die for!!

Visited April 2014

Keighley, United Kingdom
“First time but definitely not the last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Rhubarb restaurant, within Herriots hotel, for the first time on Saturday. We only live 6 miles away and never been here before. The decor was high class. The menu choice wasn't great but my wife & I chose pan fried sea bass with roast potatoes, Samphire & Green Beans, we also ordered a bowl of Spinach @ pieces of Smoked Bacon which accompanied the main meal very well. For afters we had Manchester Tart. The quality of the food was very high & Chris, the General Manager, was very attentive. After our meal we relaxed in the bar area with a coffee. We will definitely return shortly with our friends. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
“Top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel and ate in their restaurant Rhubarb, what can I say, what a bonus. The menu shows great imagination using quality local ingredients. The fish board tells a story from where it was caught and by whom and even the name of the boat!!!! The fish was delightful, scallops with English asparagus was to die for.. Breakfast the following morning deserves a mention too, all freshly cooked and lots of choice. The hotel is lovely and the staff are attentive which made our whole stay great. Would def recommend this hotel if your staying in skipton. 5*****

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Revolting service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I am so ridiculously disgusted with this place. I have had many good experiences and spent many THOUSANDS of pounds in terms of functions over the years. Also, the managers are wonderful people. But no, today, is enough. Enough, enough. I dined there with a group of people 3/4 weeks ago and had to complain about the food. One guest was not given what she ordered (the chef substituted all sorts and never bothered to mention it). Then another guest ordered the haddock and chips (no problem but felt sick after 15 mins of eating). The guest had to go to be sick as she was so ill and then felt better. In the meantime, the chef came out and was aggressive and practically accused the party of lying.

Why they would after the thousands they had spent on functions there over MANY years, I am not sure. He was aggressive, nasty and ridiculous. However, I made the excuse of overlooking this to some extent today and came in with my friend who had travelled a long way to have a drink. Time passed and we were told that we were not allowed food, even though food ended at 2.30 and it was only 2.28 pm. Apparently, all the chefs had gone home.

We then stayed for drinks. After this, a lady came to tell us that we were not allowed to be served food after having ordered as the chef had looked at us and did not want to serve us for no reason apart from the fact that he had remembered is from complaining and simply refused. This man is ridiculous and is intimidating and revolting. He and they by default deserve no custom. It's just a shame today that this has cost Herriots such a customer and friends. Again, I am REVOLTED. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

1 Thank Sarah2yorkshire
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went for my birthday as we had got a deal on the rooms and decided to eat in the hotel as well. We were greeted by really lovely friendly staff and our rooms in the hotel were beautiful. More like mini suites. We went and had a drink in the bar which was sadly fairly quiet. A few cocktails were had and we went through to the dining room. Again it was sadly a bit quiet for a saturday night. We were a bit concerned that this was a sign that it would be poor. We were not disappointed however!!! The food was absolutely excellent, and we are not the easiest group to please!! In fact I'd say we don't suffer bad food/service gladly!!! We had bread and pesto as a grazing plate first. The pesto deserves a special mention as it was so clearly home made, with delicious little chunks of pine nut and parmesan mmmmm!!! I had scallops to start which were tender and juicy and beautifully cooked. A rare rib eye steak which was beautifully seasoned and quite delightful with home made onion rings. Lashings of cold icy wine which was very reasonably priced. All in all a really good well cooked and served meal. No issues with any of it. Would go back regularly if I lived nearer. All I can say is to anyone that is passing through skipton then give it a try!! The staff are lovely and can't do enough to help. We stayed over and had breakfast in the morning. I could feel my waist band getting tighter! Beautiful fresh sausage and a fab cooked breakfast. Unlimited fresh juices and toasts. Lots of top ups of fresh coffee for our poor hung over heads, and not too heavy on the pocket. Thanks to the staff for making it such a lovely evening!

• Visited February 2014