“Good service and great coffee”

Just... By The Bridge x
Ranked #96 of 168 Restaurants in Skipton
Description: An adventure awaits! More than a Tea room, arranged over two floors with seating for 28 plus the outside garden area. People describe the building as a wonderland. As soon as you step through the door, you are met with items for sale, from specialist greetings cards to locally made treats. Not your usual gift shop, we have vintage next to handmade next to Yorkshire based products: soy candles: jams and chutneys: craft ales and more. and we invite local artisans to sell their work here. All our cakes are gluten free and hand made locally, we have a choice of five today. Our light bites menu changes frequently. We have a small simple kitchen and have chosen not to offer highly fried foods such as eggs, chips or toasties. however, keep an eye out for our signature Jollof rice. Muddy boots and dogs are always welcome. Rest a while on the balcony decking overlooking the canal basin. Our advise, don't be fooled by the exterior, venture in and give us a try x
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited this coffee shop on two occasions week ending Saturday 21st September 2019. Warm and friendly service good coffee and cakes. Hope you get your narrowboat!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Anita O, Owner at Just... By The Bridge x, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Love to see you again. I’m waiting patiently for the boat ‍♀️. Thank you again x

Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We popped in here for a light lunch and drinks and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. On our experience we found very friendly staff, lovely sandwiches and gorgeous coffee. We could also sit outside in the early September sunshine watching the world go by. Well worth calling in.

Date of visit: September 2019
Anita O, Manager at Just... By The Bridge x, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We do try to give a positive experience. Hope you found upstairs and the lovely things we sell. x

Reviewed August 11, 2019

My husband and I visited this tearoom on a rainy afternoon whilst waiting to meet friends - we were a little early so decided to have a quick cuppa. The place is very nicely decorated and has nice things to purchase, however I was really disappointed by the attitude of the lady who served me. I found her dismissive and slightly patronising. Her demeanour didn’t improve when I proceeded to hand over a £20 note. After I had ordered I visited the loo and returned to join my husband - I found he was sat a different table and was told that he had been asked to move. We had been placed by the door, at a wobbly table which was draughty and cold as the door had been propped open onto the street - not great on a cold and wet day. Initially, we had chosen to sit at a larger table, and as the cafe was really not that busy, and as the table had not been reserved I didn’t really see the issue, of course if the place had become busy we would have moved if a larger group had come in. In a place like Skipton cafes are in abundance and it isn’t enough to have nice decor and nice coffee - good customer service is key - this was sadly lacking. Looking at other posts our experience is not a one off, clearly room for improvement! I agree with ‘sarster10’s comments as it mirrors my experience with this ‘feisty’ lady.

Date of visit: August 2019
Anita O, Owner at Just... By The Bridge x, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Thank you Carol for your comments. Firstly that is a great idea to simply have a reserved sign on the only table that seats six . Apologies for the draft. I usually check people are ok if the door is open -apologies if I didn’t. Not sure that the issue was with offering cash. Sometimes I am short on change. My apologies for my demeanour also. And finally apologies for being perceived as feisty-I am thinking your not using it positively.

Finally I am so pleased you get the shop decorations and quality of food. I work really hard at offering good quality locally sourced goods both edible and gifts.
Thank you again for your great suggestion and I’ll work on the rest. Thank you and once again apologies.

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

We visited this lovely cafe, just by the canal bridge, on a rainy day. It’s a gift shop cum cafe selling all sorts of quirky gifts and arts. We had coffee in heart shaped cups and delicious cake with an added pot of jam and cream. The staff were lovely and friendly and we will definitely call again when visiting Skipton.

Date of visit: July 2019

Thank you we really appreciate you going out of your way to tell us what you thought of out cafe. It sounds like you got it. Not everyone does x

Reviewed July 18, 2019

me and my wife stop to have coffee and scones and they are out of this world,When we visit Skipton again just by the bridge will be are first port of call.also when we were having are are delightful snack i purchased 3 little wooden bird ornaments which are also delightful....."i wonder if you could tell me where you can get these little birds from"
peter B

Date of visit: July 2019
Anita O, Owner at Just... By The Bridge x, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Peter many thanks for taking time to review us. Your birds - email me and I should be able to get extra for you. x