“Been before and will come back again.”
Review of The Pheasant Inn

The Pheasant Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Lovely country pub. Beautiful cooked food. Great for couple and family's. Great choice on the menu. There is something for everyone. Came here before but not been for some time. So glad we took the drive out. The staff are great. Willing to help and advise on things from the menu. The starters came out and my husband was so happy. He wished he could have had a bigger plate for his main and I'm sure they would have done it for him if he asked. I am booking in again to come for for Sunday lunch. £25 for 3 course. This is not a bad price for the quality food you will have here. Love going to little pubs and finding good chefs that can cook and not being foodnoutbof a microwave and charge you big bucks. Think korebpeople should back the village pubs and keep them going

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Attractive old inn in lovely rural setting providing beautiful food cooked to perfection and served promptly with friendly expertise.
Crispy tiger prawns were so delicious that we'd both have happily nibbled them all evening. Our slow-cooked ox cheek and duck breast were both delicious, with equally delicious accompanying vegetables and sauces. My partner's chocolate dessert was declared a 'to die for' treat.
Three courses, with wine and coffee, at a mere £42 a head, this was superb value for money.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Was so looking forward to visiting, however will not be returning. Our table was surrounded by flies throughout our meal, I wasn’t offered any vinegar to accompany fish and chips and maybe I chose the wrong meal but did not like the pea and broad bean combination. Service was not great our tap water was not refilled and one of our friends had to wait an age for his glass of wine(think it had been forgotten). The lamb main course was chewy. Prices on a par with the Old Bridge in Huntingdon but quality and service was not sadly

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

A friend and I had arranged to meet and after some googling she found The Pheasant Inn as it’s somewhere between where we both now live.. what a find this place turned out to be.
I’m quite a fan of village pubs with character and it didn’t disappoint. It’s stunning.
The staff were friendly, attentive and honest when it came to food recommendations.. and bless them they even found me a phone charger when mine was on its last legs.. that’s service!
The food was beautiful, great flavours, it looked as good as it tasted. You can tell it was prepared by someone who cares.

I look forward to going back and will be recommending to anyone who is looking for somewhere off the beaten track.

Thanks for a great meal and amazing service.. and the charger! :-)

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Only booked on a Saturday afternoon for 8.30pm that evening. Haven’t been here for years and we were not disappointed. It wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be and they could do with some background music to add more atmosphere. Staff were friendly and professional. Starters chosen were pigeon & salmon with biryani. Both were very tasty. Mains we had steak & mackerel , steak was cooked perfectly and the mackerel was excellent. We shared a dessert. Along with drinks total bill £82. Would recommend.