“Decent town centre hotel”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business. It is OK - rooms vary a bit, some are very nice and some less so. Décor a bit dated and tatty in places.
Pub is lively but beer is not so good and food OK, but there are plenty of eating options nearby.
Free parking in adjacent car park which is a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken note of the things your identified as needing attention. My team and I will make every effort to make improvements in those areas

There are newer reviews for The George Hotel

Reviewed September 21, 2013

i stayed hear with my botfriend for one night as we went to a family event in the area.
The hotel is very central and walking distance from shops, pubs and churchs.
the staff were friendley, helpfull.
the room was nice and large, had a tv, shower, coffee machine in it.
i will be using this hotel agian

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. We at the George are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you and your boyfriend again soon

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I booked for a business trip to Huntingdon, admittedly on a non-flexible rate. Within 12 hours and almost a week before I was due to go there my meeting was switched to Bedford. The Hotel insisted on taking payment for the first night - £75. There had been no loss to the hotel as they had rooms available still. Very poor customer service. If this is their attitude, then I pity anyone who chooses to stay there.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin W
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent dealings with The George Hotel. When booking there are both non flexible and flexible rates available. It is company policy to take pre payment for non flexible rates. I will pass your comments to the relevent people

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were due to stay at The George for a coupe of nights, a weekend break.

The town is very attractive being small and interesting.

The hotel was great, found us a room with minimum stairs, and next time they said request room 26 as it is on the ground floor.

The room was large and very comfortable, nicely furnished.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and busy but still smiled a lot

The restaurant was good, not haute cuisine but some very good dishes, including steaks and lamb-shank, all well prepared and well cooked.

the breakfast was also very good, minimum grease (which often kills a full English) with maximum flavour

We will return I expect and other should follow.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are really good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Badger1953

It is really good to hear that you enjoyed your staff with us at the George. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

After a horrible first visit the George offered a free meal.
I have to say this time the service was excellent & the food delicious. Fair play to the management for making amends.
We had the starter platter, fish & chips and a burger all were really nice. Staff were helpfully and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoy meal with us at the George. We are grateful that you gave us a second chance. Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online & we hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

14 of us oldies stayed for 2nights on our annual reunion.
Fabulous flowers in the courtyard. Excellent staff especially Chris our
lovely waiter,nothing was too much trouble for him.
But they need more staff,the existing appear to have to wear many hats.
Very comfortable beds,but decor is very tired.
Needs a lot of money spent to bring it up to scratch,and then they Would have an excellent hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the George. We try to make sure that we have the correct number of staff working at the hotel but sometime due to other issues we are let down. I hope this will not stop you and your group visiting us again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have only lived here for a little over a year and I cannot believe I haven't been here sooner! A friend and I met for lunch today and even though it was a bit busy, the service was absolutely outstanding and the food was fresh and fabulous! Afterward, we sat and had a cappuccino which was fresh made in front of us and also one of the best I've ever had! I can't say enough good things about our experience today. I am thankful my friend introduced me to the George. She has dined here a few other times and always has great things to say about the food. I can't speak for the hotel itself, only the pub/restaurant but it does look lovely both inside and out. Very clean as well.

Parking was a bit difficult today, however, we did arrive in the middle of lunch time. We were able to claim back our £2 for parking while dining at the hotel. That's a bonus! .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments online. It is always nice to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your lunch with us. We hope to see you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Sandford House Bar and Hotel
#3 of 4 in St Ives
The Stukeleys Country Hotel
The Stukeleys Country Hotel
#8 of 9 in Huntingdon

Been to The George Hotel? Share your experiences!